Monday, July 14, 2008

Kids today have it so good



I’m not entirely sure why I am posting this other than it is awesome on more levels than I can count. If there is anything that would make me want to be a kid today, Feist appearing on Sesame Street would top the list.

(But how did they miss having the Count making an appearance? Isn’t that the most obvious connection?)

(And before anyone asks, yes I did watch the end of Monday Night Raw tonight. Every few years pro wrestling decides to run an attempted murder angle. You know, one where someone rams a car into another human being, on camera, without a) any of the camera people trying to stop it, b) any of the other people in the arena trying to stop it or c) anyone getting arrested for what is clearly a felony offense. Sigh. Given the amount of actual murders and death involved in our great sport you would think that they would try to avoid the fake ones.)

Kind of a bit at a loss for a topic tonight. Right now I am writing in an attempt that my apartment will magically clean itself while I’m not looking. This is another one of those strange travel issues that I have never quite understood. One of my big things before I leave on any trip is cleaning my apartment. This is very important to me. All of the dishes are done, the garbage is taken out and everything is in order.

Of course, when I come back from a trip I am so tired I just throw all of my stuff wherever there is space. And since there is nothing in the sink I realize that I can take a day or two off from doing dishes. Add in the fact that Saturday night went a little late this week my apartment has a few days worth of stuff that just needs to be addressed. Except I really don’t want to deal with it. There is nothing fun about doing dishes or paying bills. Sure, I have to get all of this done but I wish I could do it in a way that wasn’t so time consuming.

Otherwise today was just another day of job searching and interviewing. Monday is a big posting day so I scour the internet for jobs that either interest me or sound funny enough that I feel like sending them my resume. I think I applied to one job just because I liked the company’s name. I don’t know what they do but they sure sounded cool. It’s probably not the best way to find a job but it works for me.

Hopefully I am nearing the point where the interviews will begin to lead to offers and then I can get back into my usual routine. I miss having a job at times. True, staying up late and sleeping in has been a lot of fun but I am getting to the point where I just need to do something. Plus I don’t know how much longer I can stay in this state of limbo. I don’t know where I’ll be living a few months from now and that is beginning to wear on me. Answers should soon be forthcoming. What they will be I don’t have the faintest idea.

No comments: