Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bad boys, bad boys...



Wednesday Night Music Club: I’m in a bit of a New Orleans mood at the moment. Less for the music and the food (which I am always in the mood for) but more for the city itself. I just feel a need to make my way back to the city at some point in the near future. Probably when I am close to making a decision on my future. For some reason, I think better while I’m in the French Quarter. I’m probably the only person who can say that. Anyway, this video by The Old Crow Medicine Show really shows what I mean when I talk about the city of New Orleans. Just watching it makes me want to return.

Editor’s Note: I’m pretty sure that starting this week I am going to go back to publishing six days a week. I know I tried that before and failed but this time I have an idea. Mainly I am going to turn Fridays into “Bad 80’s Music Video” days. After hanging out on YouTube I just realized the brilliance that is out there that needs to be shared. Nothing too extravagant, no philosophy hoisted upon the masses, just a bunch of bad videos. Stay tuned.

In an example of everything comes in threes (except when they come in pairs or four packs), I learned about three celebrity arrests today that I need to discuss in detail. The first is the news that the lead singer for the Barenaked Ladies was arrested. Officially it was for cocaine and marijuana possession. Personally I am of the opinion that the cop looked at the car, realized that it was the lead singer for the Barenaked Ladies and decided that was reason enough to arrest him. To be honest, it is probably on the books somewhere that his very existence is a crime. Now the pot charge was to be expected but the cocaine charge was a bit of a surprise. They just never seemed to be a band that would dabble in that stuff. Hell, I’d be surprised if they drank anything stronger than a banana daiquiri.

The second arrest is for Andy Dick who was charged with groping a 17 year old. A 17 year old female, given that we are talking about Andy Dick this is one of those points that should probably be clarified. Now I really do recommend that you go online and find his booking picture because, well, if I was a prosecuting attorney it would be exhibit A. He just has this most disturbed expression on his face. Not a, “wow isn’t this wacky” expression. More along the lines of, well, someone who would grope a 17 year old girl. It almost borders on scary. It’s kind of amazing that he hadn’t been arrested before. Hell, it’s a surprise that he is still alive.

Finally, the best arrest story is that of UFC fighter Quentin “Rampage” Jackson who is having the worst week ever. First he loses his title fight to Forrest Griffin. Then he gets into an accident and flees the scene. Now when trying to evade police one has a number of options at their disposal. Evading in a truck that has your picture on the side of it is not one of the recommended options. In fact, I would put it at the bottom of the list. So the least inconspicuous getaway ever ended with him being arrested by cops with guns drawn. Let this teach a lesson to you kids, never put a picture of yourself on your car. Also, this proves that pro wrestling is superior to UFC because when JBL rams a car into the prone and helpless body of John Cena not only is JBL not arrested but Cena is still scheduled to face him in Sunday’s pay per view.

(Sorry I still can’t get over that one. It was one of the dumbest things that I have seen in, sigh, nearly thirty years of watching pro wrestling.)

1 comment:

Foodie said...

Look, I don't have time to stalk you properly these days but I will make time if I have to. Come on!