Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The future is at hand


Buzzball from Evento on Vimeo.

Random Note # 1: I have seen the future of transportation and it is the Buzzball. Yes, what I have dreamed of for years is now a reality. I can now own my very own motorized Atlasphere. Now clearly there are some flaws with the design shown in the above video. First of all, it moves much too slow. I’ll immediately upgrade the engines and get this thing up to at least twenty miles an hour. Second, what is up with the seemingly padded outside? Mine is going to be metal and mesh cage like a true Atlasphere. Finally, I’m not sure how to best attach spikes to this design but I know that they are required for the optimal impact. So when you see someone flying at you in the spinning metal ball of death at least you’ll know who is at the wheel.

Random Note # 2: Per the comments on last night’s post. 1) I have no problem having fun with drunk women at the bar assuming that a) they are actually women and b) doing so will not result in my waking up the next morning wondering why I am now short a kidney. 2) The fact that when people hear Halleluiah they think of The O.C. makes me feel very sad for the human race. To the point that I would be very happy if the plants decided to take over.

Random Note # 3: I had a very strange experience today in that late in the afternoon I became so hyper that I was unable to sit still and had to leave my apartment and go shopping or go insane. This could be because I spent much of the day at my laptop working on job applications. Or, it could be that my local coffee shop decided to switch my decaf with the super caffeinated blend, which I really think is what happened. Grrr. While Panera is the closest place for me to get coffee they sure have been treating me poorly.

Random Note # 4: For those wondering yes I am now at the interview point of the process for several companies. Everything has gone well so far and I have moved on to second interviews at every place where I was able to get my foot in the door. I also have failed to make any mistakes such as calling a company by the wrong name, which I did in business school. I do guarantee that I will describe my biggest weakness as “being so awesome that the productivity of the rest of the office decreases as they tend to spend much of their day staring in awe at my magnificence” at some point. Hey, I was always told to tell the truth.

Random Note # 5: The two best job postings I saw today based on my usual criteria. Assistant Game Technician at Chuck E. Cheese. Yes, I am apparently qualified to be the assistant to the guy who fixes the Skee-Ball machine. I’m not sure if my pay would be in pizza, prize tickets or freedom to reprogram the animatronic characters to perform Usher’s “Love In This Club” (which I saw on YouTube and is worth seeking out.) The other job is professional estimator. I feel that has to be the best job ever. You just sit there and go “Well, that looks about twelve feet long”, “You’ll probably need a dozen two by fours for that job” and “I’m guessing we’ll need two weeks to finish the project.” Any time someone complains you just go, “It’s an estimate, of course it isn’t going to be accurate.” Talk about a sweet ass gig.

1 comment:

Foodie said...

It's called a project manager and it is a sweet ass gig.