Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Quick hits

Quick hits tonight…

1) I know this joke has been hit on by every late night talk show host but Corey Feldman as one of the witnesses at the Michael Jackson trial? I mean, wow. This could be a comic masterpiece. Corey Feldman in his most important role since Meatballs 4. And I am possibly the only person in the world who has actually watched Meatballs 4. Ah, the old days before the Internet when your enjoyment could only come from whatever you could scrounge out of a Blockbuster store.

2) I am also waiting for the prosecuting attorney to go “And for our next witness I would like to call that dude who played Webster.” I would pay good money to see that happen.

3) No hockey season. This really sucks. Maybe not now, but April and May are going to be boring without playoff hockey. There is something about do or die hockey that is really exciting and interesting. Guess will get even more coverage of poker tournaments and the World’s Strongest Woman competition over on ESPN 2.

4) Oh, and if you ever want to have a disturbing experience, come across the World’s Strongest Woman competition at 2 in the morning when you’ve been drinking. It’s always fun to have a thought process of “Hey she’s pretty good looking. Oh, wait a minute…”

5) I have a concert pet peeve I need to vent about. The time on the ticket should mean one of two things: 1) that’s when the doors open or 2) that’s when the first band starts playing. I don’t care which one it is just as long as everyone is consistent about it. After forty shows last year I came to the conclusion that ticket time was when the concert starts. Which on Sunday night wasn’t the case as the first of two opening acts didn’t hit the stage for an hour. And was even worse last night when the opening act didn’t start playing for an hour and a half. Look, I might not like my job but I do need to be awake so for crying out loud, show at least a little consistency.

Sorry, little else to report. More shenanigans tomorrow

No comments: