Friday, August 01, 2008

80's Weekend Rewind #3



Ok, I know that I missed my post last night. I had a relatively decent reason at the time. I had been out rather late and didn’t want to post under the influence. Plus, I needed to watch my tape of Big Brother and eviction night waits for no one. (Seriously, how did they not get rid of Jessie? Who would willingly live in a house with a body builder?) I still should have posted but I just wasn’t in the mood to write.

Today was actually worse. It is a very long story that I will not get into right now. However, it is nice to know that there are a few things that can get me out of a funk. I just wish that I didn’t have to have my life deteriorate into sheer insanity for it to happen. That said, it did get me moving.

Anyway, as part of the 80s rewind project here is one of my favorite unheard of songs from that time period: “Hourglass” by Squeeze. I remember this video as a kid and I always enjoyed it even if all it did was show you all of the fun tricks of perspective that you can use with a video camera. It also gave me a great understanding and appreciation of Magritte at a young age and there are no issues that can be made on that front. See, back in the day MTV taught me about fine art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember MTV also had those Magritte themed commercials sometime after this video came out. Ceci ne pas un pomme... Ceci ne pas un chapeau... Ceci ne pas le television