Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things to do in KC

So it has dawned on me that my time in Kansas City is limited. I still don’t have an official start date but I have completed all of the steps needed to acquire one. What I’m thinking about right now is what I need to do before I leave in a few weeks. Not from a moving / packing / saying goodbye to friends perspective. I’m talking about things I need to do to remember KC by. Here is my first attempt at a list. Feel free to add anything I may have missed.

1) Really do some shopping on the Plaza: Several reasons behind this. One, I think I will soon find myself missing having such convenient shopping in a pleasant environment within walking distance of my apartment. Two, I am really going to miss not having a Mark Shale nearby. Three, I really need to upgrade and update my wardrobe and I would like to do that before I start working. Anyone willing to help in this endeavor is welcome to join in.

2) Visit the Liberty Memorial: I’ve driven past the thing for five years and have never actually been in it. Given that it is the closest thing that Kansas City has to a landmark I really should make a trip there.

3) Spend a day with a camera taking pictures of all the places that I want to remember: For some reason I just feel like documenting this part of my life. Maybe spend a day driving around town and taking photographs of all the places that I hung out at or that hold special meaning to me. There are some odd corners of the city that I would like to remember for a very long time and having pictures help.

4) Get some real barbecue: I’ve had surprisingly little barbecue in my time in this town. Since I really won’t be able to get much on the east coast I should try to have my fill before I leave.

5) Take one last trip to Lawrence: Spent too many days there and saw more concerts than I can count. One last day hanging out at the only part of the state of Kansas that can be deemed to have culture.

That is all I have for the moment (it’s late and I’m tired). Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: