Friday, August 22, 2008

Some small concerns...

It’s late and I’m tired so I’ll write quick tonight. Here are some things that worry me about starting work again. I’ll go into more detail on some of these later.

· Having to get up at a reasonable hour after months of sleeping in until ten
· The need to relearn a computer system I last touched seven years ago, though I did spend six years of my life using it
· Walking into an office in which I know all of two peoples’ names.
· Moving to a town in which I do not know a single soul
· Working on a trading floor as opposed to a cube. No cube walls to hide behind any more
· Not knowing whether or not I will be allowed to wear headphones while working
· Fear that I will spend the first day trying to explain to people, “No, really, do you have any decaf coffee lying around”?
· Whether I can spend eight hours at a computer and not surf pop culture websites
· What am I going to do for lunch?
· Will they be nice to me?

Discussions to follow. Nap time now.

No comments: