Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Can't sleep, clown will eat me

I’m very upset with the way that China has altered the Olympic lineup in order to pad their medal count. How else would the fire drill be considered an official sport?

(Sorry, long day.)

Also, I am not sure what surprises me more right now. The fact that they’ve greenlighted a show about a guy who is simultaneously a family man and a world class criminal without being aware of the duality of his life, the fact that said show is starring Christian Slater or the fact that Christian Slater is still alive and can find active employment. I’m really confident that by the end of the Olympics I will be able to discuss all of NBC’s programming schedule. I won’t watch any of it but I can discuss it.

Today was a bit of a list day. Last night went extremely, extremely late and I just don’t recover the way I used to. It wasn’t that I was out drinking or anything I was just up really late and I’ve reached the age where I just have to sleep eight hours even if that means waking up in the middle of the day. And even with that I still don’t feel entirely right so I just try to slog my way through the day, taking care of whatever easy tasks I can so that I can go to sleep feeling like I’ve accomplished something.

My life is still on a bit of a hold though I am trying to move things forward. I still don’t have a start date for my new job and I kind of feel that I can’t do my apartment search without one. Or at least it makes it a little more difficult. The good news is that I have a list of places (apartment buildings, not just cities) where I can see myself living and I have done all the math regarding my finances so I know just what I need to do. Getting a place shouldn’t be too difficult and with a few respectable choices it should move fast.

Plus, the more I look at my apartment the more I realize that it will be a rather easy move. I have a surprisingly modular life. Much of what I have is already in boxes and the rest can be easily boxed up. Nothing too difficult to pack or organize. My place is even pretty clean at the moment which should make the entire process even easier. I just kind of want to get it going. Not that I am that desperate to work again or to leave KC but I just have to get moving. Otherwise I will just spend all day in bed and while that is nice there are other things that I could be doing.

No comments: