Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Vanity Plates

I'm actually getting to write this a little earlier in the night than I previously thought. Went to the Keller Williams show this evening but left early due to an implementation of the Deadhead Rule. The Deadhead Rule states that if I am at a show where the crowd consists mainly of Deadheads I can leave at any time without feeling bad because doing nothing is probably a better option than hanging out with Deadheads. I'm serious, my dislike for having to be around nineteen year olds (who unless they were going to shows when they were nine never saw the band) trying to act quasi-hippie is off the charts. Plus, I don't think I could get high enough to ever think that wearing a tye-died shirt that says "Jim Morrison An American Poet" is a good idea. Jim Morrison, the most overrated person in the history of the planet.

Changing topics. One of the things that I noticed when I moved out here is that there is an abundance of vanity license plates. And not just vanity plates, really bad plates. Ones that make you question the intelligence of the driver. So in order to share what I've seen I've actually kept track of the plates that I've seen driving around town. And I swear, I am not making any of these up.

  • MYHOOPT
  • 5REARS
  • FAT DADY
  • HONKER
  • LUV IT
  • RCKCHLK
  • LA NENA
  • RAHEL (Looking at the driver, I believe she was either a) unable or b) too cheap to spell Rachel)
  • KNG TUT
  • 2CUTE4U
  • RASTA (On a car driven by a white guy, naturally)
  • PHAT VW (my winner for oxymoron of the year)
  • HOLLA (I swear, this was on a car that had a University of Nebraska alumi license plate frame. I believe that just by attending the University of Nebraska that you should never be allowed to use the word "Holla" in a sentence, much less place it on your car.)
  • OOHLALA
  • COCHISE (Actually, this one is pretty cool)
  • SASYMMA (I'm happy I didn't see the driver of this car)
  • DOS WHO
  • MY PRIUS
  • WERLOVD
  • VIR2US (Ok, show of hands. How many people think that the driver of this car has to be an insufferable prick? I thought so.)
  • WHOOPI
  • ORALE
  • GUZZLER (on the biggest SUV you've ever seen)
  • WHAT (which is cool in a post-modern sort of way)

Again, for those of you who wonder why I'm always ragging on Kansas, well, here is your proof.

No comments: