Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Apartment living

I’ve got a fun little story about apartment living from last night. At around 1:30 in the morning, someone in the hallway of my apartment complex just started banging on a door. I mean just a desperate, “Please let me in, I’m drunk” pounding. I couldn’t tell whose door it was or if it was mine since sound travels really well in this place (which is something that I wish that the neighbors whose bedroom shares a common wall with mine would be aware of). I’m of course in that great half asleep state going, “What’s going on, am I ok, who is pounding on the wall?” I get up to look outside and suddenly realize that that might not be the brightest idea. So, I sit up, wait for the noise to stop and go back to sleep. Somehow I have a feeling that I won’t have these issues when I finally break down and buy a house.

Yeah, one of these days I will decide to settle down and buy a place. That would mean that I’ve become an adult and I am really dreading that moment. The tax breaks would be nice but right now I just don’t see much of a benefit to it. I’ll take the noise and the randomness that comes with living in an apartment before having to really face up to the fact that I am an adult now.

We’re beginning to get the first adds for the summer tours that will be making their way to town and it’s not an impressive list. Or maybe I’m just a little too old for this stuff. The usual Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Slipknot and a bunch of other bands that you couldn’t pay me to watch. The Dave Matthews Band is coming to town, so we should probably warn the barges on the Missouri River to, well, not look up. It’s strange that I go to all of these shows but if it is a big name act I can almost guarantee you that I won’t go. Sarah McLachlan is coming to town in a few weeks and even though I used to be a really big fan (and man, is that embarrassing to post on the internet) I just can’t see myself paying big money to watch her sing in a basketball arena. It’s not like I would expect an incredible stage show. If it was at a smaller venue I’d be there in an instant but being stuck in an arena just really turns me off. The concert that I am still on the fence for getting tickets to is Moby. I just think it might be interesting to go see what a Moby show is like. Does he just hit enter on a keyboard and leave the stage?

Really not much else going on. I’ll dig through the news tomorrow so I’ll have something to rant about. Later.

No comments: