Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fraternity flags to be flown at half staff

The economic news is getting worse and worse. I know that companies need to reexamine their cost structures and perform some belt tightening but this is the worst news that I have heard in ages. I recommend sitting down before reading the following news item. Actually, if you are reading my blog while standing I am really curious as to how you are accessing it. Ok, brace yourself…

Miller has ceased production of Zima.

Now this raises several questions. First is “You mean they were still making Zima?” It’s a bit of a surprise that they were still brewing it. I just assumed that they were still selling the batch they brewed in 1995 and only now had come down to the last bottle. Second is “What will douchebags drink now?” Has there ever been a drink so universally ridiculed as Zima. Meaning that there was a certain type of guy who would drink Zima and everyone agreed that they would want to stay as far away from that guy as is possible. But living in a world without Zima is like living in a world without koala bears. Sure, their extinction has no ill effects on the state of the planet and yes they are so cute to be annoying but their presence makes the world a more interesting place.

Side note: I think that we have reached the point where “Dow Jones posts triple digit loss” no longer has to be shown as “Breaking News” on CNBC. At this point it should just be called “Your typical Wednesday.”

I’m not going to write much tonight (my recaps the past two nights were long enough) but I need to discuss something from my apartment that amazes me. Now my exercise room is on the second floor and I live on a floor significantly higher than that. As a result, I take the elevator back up to my apartment thereby negating my entire workout. But that isn’t what I am writing about.

On numerous occasions the following has happened. The elevator doors open on the second floor and someone gets off. I hit my floor button and notice that another button is already lit. Right as the doors close I hear the person swear as they realize they got off on the wrong floor. Now, I can understand that in a general sense. But if you were expecting to get off on the twelfth floor and instead got off on the second wouldn’t you at least think that the elevator ride went a lot quicker than usual? And wouldn’t the horribly sweaty guy who just got on the elevator be a bit of an indication that something is different? Just a thought.

Wednesday Night Music Club: I use the term friend of the blog rather broadly. There isn’t really a criteria. However, Maggie Walters is a true friend of the blog in that she actually showed up at my office once just so I could have a copy of her latest CD. As a result I do everything in my power to help publicize her. Here is a fan video featuring her song “Sundays”. Enjoy.

No comments: