Thursday, August 03, 2006

Free gift time!

(Rina: Thanks for the comment. It’s nice to know that there are a few people out there who will vouch for my being able to wield a crowbar with deadly precision.)

Ok, I had originally planned a really big to do about this but sadly my plans failed at the last minute. Still, I am proud to announce that in honor of the 450th post to Battling the Current that Battling the Current Volume II is now ready to go into production. Yes, just for reading the blog (or just saying that you read the blog) you can receive at absolutely no charge a CD filled with some of the best music you may never had heard of. Some of the artists included are The Arcade Fire, Sufjan Stevens, Social Distortion, The Sundays and Jump, Little Children. All I need from you is your address. If I don’t have it, please send it to me. If you think I do have it please resend it to me because I can almost guarantee that I’ve lost it. If you don’t have Volume I and want that as well just let me know. I still have a few copies lying around.

(Now, I had originally planned to unveil the cover art here but I discovered that it was a copyrighted image and the web site wouldn’t let me download it. I’ll keep working at it. Plus, I still have to write the liner notes so expect it to take a few days until everything is finalized. Yes, I don’t just provide you with a mix CD, I provide you with a mix CD that comes with ten pages of in depth discussions on the intricacies of each song.)

Anyway, it is nice to know that the week is basically over. It’s been a very long one and I could use a weekend off so I can do important things like get a haircut. Yeah, it’s getting a little too close to mullet length for my liking. The fun thing is I come home from work and I have a message on my machine saying “Your appointment is at 1 on Saturday.” I don’t even have to call in for an appointment, they are made for me by people who understand that I just need to get one. It’s like the universe has decided to be my assistant.

Oh, and there is one concert coming to town that I must discuss. In October I can go to see on one stage Aerosmith and Motley Crue. Yes, the two bands that defined…that defined… uh, using umlauts in the band name? Only using one guitar chord in a twenty year career? Having your lasting legacy be an appearance on The Surreal Life? Help me out here, I’m at a loss as to why people would want to attend the show. If Liv Tyler was going to be on stage, maybe, but even she has fallen off the pop culture radar. The sad thing is I can guarantee you that the show will sell out. If people went to see Poison, they’ll go to see this. Which just means that I can sit back and know that I’ll still be in a bar with thirty people listening to good music instead.

No comments: