Tuesday, August 08, 2006

As random as life can be...

It’s clip time…

1) As part of my research last week I came upon the following rather stunning discovery. The Backer has a web site. Given that they barely have electricity and I don’t even want to get started on the plumbing situation the fact that they have an internet presence is pretty amazing. Anyway, the site is www.backernd.com and click on the staff to get a picture and a biography of the often mentioned but never duplicated Donna, who on nights like tonight I miss a lot.

2) No, I’m not going into any further detail. It’s one of those ten percent of my life that I don’t post type of things.

3) Am I the only one who when he gets the latest copy of NCAA 07 immediately plays a game featuring the heated rivalry between the University of South Carolina and Oregon State?

4) So I’ve picked up volumes two and three of the official Beavis and Butthead collection. This means that I now have, by my count, fifteen Beavis and Butthead DVDs. Obviously, this means that I can leave the bar knowing that I’m going home to watch Beavis and Butthead every other night for a month without having to repeat discs. And trust me, it’s been done before. They have included a decent number of videos but one of the best parts is Mike Judge talking about how he would record those comments for the videos. It’s basically just him ranting and by the end he was basically so sick of videos he would just rip on anything put in front of him. Especially after Winger complained about their treatment.

5) Huh huh huh…Oregon State…

6) Wow, and I wonder why I’m dealing with point #2 right now?

7) On the Gen X theme from last night, I was wondering what tv shows out there right now could really be considered a Gen X show. Scrubs was a great one and How I Met Your Mother is another one in consideration but other than that there just aren’t many that I can think of. I’d even be more tempted to put the Adult Swim lineup on the list, which are cartoons made by guys my age for guys who won’t grow up (i.e. Family Guy). It is really strange to be in your early thirties and not really see anyone like you on television. I mean when Jim Belushi turns on the tv he seems himself and remembers that he must have sold his soul to the devil to get that gig but when I turn on the set I either see people in their forties raising kids or a twenty year old trying to vaguely sing and dance and doing neither well.

8) The track list for the disc is complete and I know they say a good mix tape should rise and fall but trust me, this one is all rise. It might be my ultimate get psyched mix. And should probably have a parental warning sticker on it just for the degree of awesomeness that it contains.

No comments: