Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dream a little dream...

I’ll readily admit that no one ever wants to hear about someone else’s dreams. It’s one of those things that when you hear someone start in on the topic you automatically start nodding while mentally you go to your happy place and stay there until they tire out and start talking about something interesting for a change. But, I’ve been having a couple of weird dreams recently and other than writing about the JonBenet Ramsey guy (who I’ll put money down right now saying he didn’t do it) this is the material I have for the night.

Here is the first one. Over the past few weeks I have been having this series of dreams in which I am getting closer and closer to having to take a Chemistry final and I just haven’t studied or prepared. Like every week I have the same dream (which takes place at ND for some reason) and it is a day closer to the final and I still can’t bring myself to study. Well, this week was the day of the final and what would you know I got to the classroom, looked in my backpack and found that I hadn’t even bothered to finish my cheat sheet. It was only halfway done so I was screwed.

Or I would be if I wasn’t so damn logical even in my dreams. I just go up to the teacher, explain the situation and say, “I’ll be back in an hour to take the test” and go out to finish the cheat sheet. When you think about it, given that I usually finished finals with an hour to spare this is probably a very successful strategy. I know that this is just one of those great anxiety dreams that I have but it’s nice to know that while part of my subconscious is trying to freak me out the other part is calmly deriving solutions to every potential eventuality.

This next one is weirder. I was having this wild dream that was just unworldly. Or probably more like I was joking with celebrities and the like but it was clear to me that I was dreaming. So in the end I even said in the dream “Look, I’m dreaming right now so I’m going to wake up” and I did. At which point I found myself hanging out in my apartment talking to a friend of mine. As were talking and joking I look at her and realize, “Wait a minute, this can’t be happening. I must still be dreaming.” And she even goes “You realize that you are still dreaming and none of this is real.” Then I wake up, try to figure out where the hell I am and am really happy to find myself in my own bed.

I’m telling you, that is just one of the weirdest feelings in the world. I woke up from a dream just to find myself in another dream and one that really could have been my real life. Maybe I crossed into another parallel universe and that’s the reason why everything has seemed off the past month. I am in this strange dream world where my expectations are based on a world that no longer exists. Of course, why I would still have the same old blog in a parallel universe or why I couldn’t move into one where I was a billionaire is still open for debate.

Hopefully my dreams tonight will be calmer. I know I could use an adventure free weekend right about now. Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: