Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Maybe she could bedazzle the bracelet

It is really difficult to complain about losing weight after watching the finale of The Biggest Loser. When you see people lose more weight than you actually weigh the thought of losing ten pounds doesn’t seem to be that difficult. The top performers this season all lost roughly half of their body weight, which is just insane. The good news is most of them look to be at a healthy weight right now and the winner could actually still lose a little more due to the fact that he started off at over 500 pounds. That has been my complaint about past years as the winners have lost so much weight they went in the other direction and were no longer healthy. Still, more encouragement for me to get off my ass and work out.

The best news of the week so far is that they did not arrest Lindsay Lohan when she returned to the States. This is mainly due to her (or someone close to her) posting a 100,000 dollar bond. At the moment I can’t believe that she has that much money to her name or that anyone would post bail for her. Seems like just tossing money away at this point.

She made her usual court appearance where she tries to look serious and like an adult and appeared shocked I tell you shocked when the judge states that she is not impressed with the steps she is taking. As a result Lindsay has to undergo random drug testing and wear one of those ankle bracelets that record whether or not you are drinking. She tried to get out of wearing the bracelet by claiming that she is shooting a film in Texas and it would interfere in the filming due to the high number of scenes that show off her left ankle. This could be a valid excuse if she was actually filming scenes this month but she isn’t. So instead she just lied to a judge in the hopes of being able to drink without detection. Have to admire her determination at a minimum.

Anyway that is going to be all for the blog tonight. It’s getting rather late and I have to get in line at the movie theater for Sex and the City 2. I can’t wait to see what wild adventures Samantha gets into this time. Maybe they will even talk about shoes. Sigh. I wish I could complain about this some more but I can’t without admitting that I spent part of my evening reading recaps of pro wrestling shows from over ten years ago. To each their own I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is that I heard that most of the contestants gain the weight right back within a year. That kind of weight loss is hard to sustain. It really takes a lifestyle change.