Thursday, May 13, 2010

The end of "Duh Dum"?

Saw a story online this evening that it is possible that they may be cancelling Law and Order at the end of this season. Which kind of makes sense given that after 20 seasons they should have captured every single criminal in New York by now. NBC will still retain the three dozen other spinoffs of the show due to the fact that if they removed the entire franchise they would no longer technically have a network. Much like how CBS should just call ever show NCISCSI to save us all a whole lot of grief.

Not much else to report on as this week comes to a close. For those wondering I have officially joined the iPod nation which, to be honest, kind of makes me feel like an empty corporate shell. It is rather sad when owning a Microsoft Zune makes you a unique individual: I needed Bill Gates to make me feel special. But at some point I realized that I must conform with the rest of society if I want to have any chance of sharing music with them.

What this means though is I have to convert all of the music that I have on my laptop from Windows Media format to iTunes format. This is not an easy process. I apparently have several weeks worth of music on this laptop. Other than the blog and some pictures I think this laptop only contains music. (Well, that and a lot of spreadsheets that statistically model every action I take in society but that is such a basic feature of people’s computer history that I hardly feel like it deserves to be mentioned.) So while I have an iPod I don’t technically have any music on it because I’m still trying to get everything converted. Hopefully I’ll have that done by this weekend. Heck, I’m happy to be through the L’s of my collection at the moment.

Otherwise I feel like I’m just going to head off and fall asleep. It has been a long week and I could use a nice nap.

No comments: