Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sports and gossip and the intermingling of the two

With the sounds of Bill Raferty waxing in the air (I swear if I was a coach I would start the game playing zone in any game of mine that he called) I’ll probably try to make a quick post of it tonight. Yes, I know that Notre Dame lost. Yes, I know that most of my picks were wrong. What is worse is that I couldn’t even watch the Notre Dame game until the end as we were getting Villanova almost losing to Robert Morris, a game in which we spent much of the time arguing what state Robert Morris was located in. I told you that I was scared to death of Old Dominion though and if I would have realized that it was a Thursday morning game I would have picked the upset. Those games are always upset specials.

Anyway, I figure that I will talk about the latest victim of the Oscar curse. Apparently it has become a tradition for the winner of Best Actress to have their marriage implode much like the career of the winner of Best New Artist at the Grammies to never be heard from again. Sandra Bullock joins the list of Halle Berry, Hillary Swank, Reese Witherspoon and Kate Winslet who have all gotten divorced following their Oscar win. In this case, Jesse James, the guy from Monster Garage who sits around and watches other people build stuff and then gives them tools after they’re done, was found to have cheated on Sandra with, well, let me try to explain this. It might be a little surprising that I don’t mind women having tattoos. If the art is good it can really be attractive. Well, Jesse was with someone who was covered with tattoos and they just weren’t very good. You have to question the judgment of someone who gives up on Sandra Bullock in the first place but with this one you want to check if he has enhaled to much exhaust over the years.

(Also, how the hell do you break up with Kate Winslet? She is simply one of the most incredible women on the planet. I still haven’t heard any details on that one but it simply doesn’t make much sense to me.)

We did also have the release of Tiger Woods’ text messages to his booty call today in which we learned just how stupid text messages read when they are not on a phone. We also learned the important lesson that text messages can be saved just in case anyone out there was wondering about that. At this point though, it really doesn’t matter for Tiger. It doesn’t surprise me that he is going to be back at the Masters. I know that some people are complaining that he is coming back too quickly but really, do you think he cares anymore if people view him as insensitive? It is not like his public persona can get any worse short of footage of him torturing kittens in his spare time becomes public. The Masters has the tightest control on the crowd and the press of any tournament so from an image management point of view it is the best place. He’s only missed two tournaments so far so it is not like he’s even missed much golf. It is a sad story still but a rather inevitable one.

That is it for tonight. I’ll go back to gorging on basketball.

1 comment:

Foodie said...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH - are you watching KU right now?