Thursday, March 04, 2010

Please direct me to the nearest bed

Sorry for the missed post last night but my need for sleep once again won out over my need to write. I really don’t want to turn the blog into a four night a week endeavor but I have a feeling that it might turn that way over the next few weeks. My schedule is just fill and my creativity level just isn’t there at the moment. It happens from time to time. Just know that my taking a break from writing typically means that better writing is ahead.

On the plus side I did finally get some sleep last night resulting in one very strange dream. It’s not every dream where you steal a priest’s car for a joyride. Now, for the record the keys were in the ignition and the car was unlocked so it was pretty much asking to be stolen (and the fact that it was parked in a spot labeled “parish priest” made it pretty obvious that it was a priest’s car.) I was more upset in the dream that the car drove horribly and was impossible to turn to the right and could barely turn to the left. There may be a political metaphor there but I’m not sure.

Anyway, this was one of those dreams that is incredibly vivid to the point where you start freaking out and thinking that it is real. Except that I realized that stealing a car is really not part of my nature so it had to be a dream and I had to keep on telling myself to wake up as this clearly wasn’t really happening. It took me a while to wake up though and I have to say that I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the ceiling of my bedroom. Sometimes it is nice to know that some things are just in your head.

Otherwise the only other thing of note is that I have started working on a 1,500 piece jigsaw puzzle that takes up the majority of my kitchen table. I believe the scene is called “a crapload of sky” and it is a rather bedeviling piece of work. I’ve finished most of the sky though as I am kind of doing this one backwards. For some reason I have found working on the puzzle to be really soothing. I don’t know if it is because it feeds into my obsessive nature or not but I am able to make myself calm down and relax by sitting down and making a little progress at a time. I’m at least a third of the way done now and making good headway. Next will be the 3,000 piece puzzle of doom, which will encompass most of my apartment I think.

Enjoy the Oscars this weekend everyone. I’m going to try to get some sleep.

No comments: