Thursday, March 25, 2010

Let's get this week to end

Things I can cross off my list of things to do: Finish a 1,500 piece jigsaw puzzle single handed. (Ok, I used both hands but you know what I mean.) Yes, I finally finished my jigsaw puzzle tonight after several weeks of effort. It wasn’t that difficult and I could have finished it earlier if I had put in a few later nights but overall I was really happy with the challenge. For some reason it really calmed me down by working on it, probably because my obsessive compulsive nature finally had something useful to do. Next challenge: the 3,000 piece behemoth that will take up most of my floor.

Celebrity gossip news: Did you know that Jesse James had multiple mistresses? Over multiple years? While still being married to Sandra Bullock? Yes, we now have a new leader in the Douchebag of the Year category.

I actually read someone today make the point that we shouldn’t make fun of Jesse James and that we should feel sorry for him because his failures have to be in public. I don’t get that reasoning at all. From my perspective that is entirely why we should be making fun of him. It’s guys like him and Tiger who make every woman assume that any man will cheat on them on a moment’s notice. That is not entirely true (I would never cheat, other men I cannot be so sure of.) Still, the male species is painted with the same brush due to these guys and I would rather not be placed in the same category as a guy who hooks up with rather unattractive tattoo models.

Also, Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian have broken up. Now that the Saints have won the Super Bowl I really don’t care about this relationship one bit. Unless their breakup would somehow necessitate the returning of the Lombardi trophy I have no problem with the two of them going their own way: Reggie to football and Kim to whatever it is that she actually does.

Last random note before I call it a night. (Yes, I know this is another night of random thoughts. It’s been a long week.) For those wondering, Kim and I drove right past that volcano in Iceland that is exploding right now. The entire trip we were told about how active the volcanoes were and how they could go at any time. We missed it by six months. I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I’m not sure if relaxing in the Blue Lagoon spa would be quite the same with volcanic ash floating over you.

No comments: