Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I also shouldn't have brought my pointy stick collection

Ok anonymous commenter, now I am really upset that I didn't think about showing up at the midnight screening of New Moon dressed as Blade the Vampire Hunter. Especially if I could have convinced someone else to dress up as whatever the hell character Kate Beckinsale plays in all of those Underworld movies. (I assume that her character has a name but I doubt that really plays a role in understanding those flicks.) Personally, I thought my garlic fries concession was going to be a gold mine. Oh how wrong I was.

(Why people care about vampires and werewolves when the zombie apocalypse is fast approaching is beyond me. Ooh, vampires are dark and brooding. What good is that going to be when a zombie is tearing out your throat? All the Twilight series is doing is allowing people to dress as if they are Cure fans without having to actually listen to the Cure. Which when you think about it really isn't a bad thing.)

Switching gears it s always interesting to note how Thanksgiving Eve has become an unofficial holiday. Hell, I remember when the day after Thanksgiving wasn't an official day off from work and now it is a given at most non-retail locations. (If you are in retail, sorry. Not for the lack of a day off; just sorry in general.) At least the four day weekend is sensible (who sets a holiday on a Thursday anyway) but the fact that Wednesday has become a de facto holiday is rather amazing. Did anyone get much accomplished today other than travelling. I don't want to sound like a curmudgeonly old man who talks about how he had to walk uphill both ways to school but you know what, those damn kids better get off my lawn.

(Ok, that may not have made sense. Sorry.)

Luckily this year is not a reunion year for me so I get to avoid any of those get togethers. Though in the age of Facebook high school reunions happen every five minutes. The only reason to attend is to see what everyone is up to and I already know that in extremely graphic detail along with how their farm is doing. When people decide what caused the downfall of Western Civilization I hope that at least a few people put in a few votes for Farmville.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Wednesday Night Music Club: Want to know what I am thankful for? The Polyphonic Spree covering Nirvana.

No comments: