Monday, November 02, 2009

And a battle kite

I need a Cylon toaster. Like, now.

Ok, I fixed my post from last night so that the video doesn’t cause complete havoc with the formatting. Had to play around with some HTML code to do it, which just shows you the level of difficulty involved in operating a blog. Basically, MTV Music doesn’t format as well in terms of embedding as YouTube does. I would have posted the video from YouTube except that Sony Music will not allow me to do that. The fact that I cannot post a twenty year old Social Distortion video because of Sony Music is a level of delicious irony that even I can’t believe. The man wins after all these years.

(For the record, Ball and Chain is still my ringtone. Which does draw some interesting stares during meetings when people call me.)

(Editor's Note: Crap. Ok, the edits didn't work so I just removed the video to keep the formatting normal. Thanks MTV and Sony Music! Enjoy your complete lack of relevance!)

Survived my first day back in the office after my vacation. It is always a challenge when you return to the office because you never quite know what may have happened in your absence. You always have a sinking suspicion that the entire world has collapsed while you were gone and if you are like me you find yourself kind of sad that it didn’t. I mean, how else am I supposed to maintain my massive ego?

Seriously though, I still follow the rule that a friend of mine taught me. For every day out of the office it is an hour for you to catch up. Emails, voice mails, no matter how much you tried to maintain things while you were away it takes a full hour to get yourself back to normal. Add in the time change that makes the last hour in the office seem extremely late and you really end up just being happy to make it through.

The piles of Halloween candy did make it worthwhile though. That is the strange side effect of frightened parents. Whereas I walked around my entire neighborhood knocking on random doors as a kid today parents now only take their little ones to select houses if they go out at all. But parents still buy bags and bags of candy for children who will never appear. Hence, adults eat all of the candy. I’m not sure of the logic behind all of this other than Halloween was a lot cooler when I was a kid.

No comments: