Sunday, November 01, 2009

That's right, you're not from Texas

Sorry for the lack of posts but Kim and I were having a nice vacation in San Antonio where we were remembering that place that was surprisingly difficult to find and even after you found it you were slightly underwhelmed. Incredibly, if Wikipedia and our river cruise driver is to be believed, San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the country. That makes you wonder how Kansas City can have baseball and football teams while San Antonio has only the Spurs.

We had just an amazing time in the city. We were in town for the Notre Dame – Washington State game, which I have yet to hear a good reason for why the game was in the Alamodome. On the plus side, it was very easy to tell who was rooting for which team as everyone was decked out in team colors except for Kim and myself. We were for game day of course but the rest of the time we dressed in clothes without logos and I swear we were the only ones who did so. The River Walk was a blast, the weather was perfect and it was a few days of pure enjoyment. Got to meet up with a few friends along the way as well, which makes life even better.

It was also Halloween while we were there (obviously) and I have to yet again bring up a comment on Halloween costumes. Mainly, are there any costumes for women that cannot be described as “slutty?” Seriously, I know that this adults wearing costumes is a bit of a recent phenomenon but I swear that every costume looked as though as it was purchased in the back room of a shop with age restrictions on the door. I understand that this would be an option for some costumes but pretty much every single one fell into this category. You’d think that at some point somebody would try something different.

And we didn’t even go in the Coyote Ugly on Halloween so I am not even using that as a reference point. But yes, we did drink there one afternoon. No, I didn’t dance on the bar. I did look for Piper Pearbo though.

That is about it for tonight. I’m rather tired from the trip, the flights, and the numerous time changes. Remember to turn your clocks back, even if you live in Indiana. Actually, apologies if you live in Indiana. Changing clocks should be the least of your worries. I am going to go to bed and have a nice long, non-margarita enduced nap.

Best of 120 Minutes: Social Distortion. I have only two words for you. Fuck and Yeah.

Video removed due to awesomeness

The five random CDs for the week:
1) U2 “Achtung Baby”
2) She and Him “Volume One”
3) The Freddy Jones Band “Lucid”
4) John Wesley Harding “The Confessions of St. Ace”
5) Emmylou Harris “Wrecking Ball”

No comments: