Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And I'm back... (again)

For those wondering, no I did not go into hiding after yet another Notre Dame defeat. Or even for Illinois losing the Sweet Sioux Tomahawk to Northwestern. Wait, it’s not the Sweet Sioux Tomahawk anymore? Do you mean that not only did we lose the Chief but we lost the Tomahawk as well? Who cares about playing for the Land of Lincoln trophy, which is apparently shaped like a stovepipe hat? I think the NCAA is doing everything it can to make Illini athletics even more depressing than it usually is.

Anyway, the reason for a lack of posts is that I was traveling for work and since I don’t have a laptop (and internet access in the hotel’s business center cost forty cents a minute) I didn’t have a chance to post. It is nice to know though that I am well on my way to being officially named a Road Warrior. All I need is my pair of spiked shoulder pads and I will be good to go.

I don’t know about anyone else but every once in a while I get hit with this irrational fear that I am landing at the wrong airport in the wrong city. Given how much I fly and the fact that I have never gotten on the wrong plane this would seem to be a rather low probability. Even so I still look out the window for some sign that I am in the right place even though for the most part every place looks the same. I will say that at least when I land in Philly I know that I am there; mainly because it is the only airport where your plane will be stuck in a fifteen minute traffic jam on the way back to the terminal.

But as a result of all of this I am just dead tired at the moment and really just want to crawl into bed. I’ll write more tomorrow and I promise some posts over the weekend to make up for the lack of content.

Random Note of the Day: Eggo shortages are expected in 2010. Prepare your hoarding techniques now or face the consequences. Leggo my Eggo will no longer be an empty threat.

Wednesday Night Music Club: Here is some My Morning Jacket (in tuxedo jackets, naturally) to brighten up the mood.

No comments: