Thursday, July 30, 2009

Or a Hamms. It is the beer that refreshes

While driving around this evening I saw a sign on a building promoting, and I am not making this up, “Delaware Fight Club.” Apparently the first rule of Delaware Fight Club is advertise. I’m really curious about this entire enterprise. What would be the Delaware equivalent of Brad Pitt? Could you form a personality cult in a state that most people do not believe is actually a state? Are there people in Delaware that I could potentially beat up? I really need to know the answers to these questions.

(Did you know that if we didn’t learn how to make states after Delaware (the first state as it is known) we would have 1,500 states and no straight roads in the entire freaking country? Seriously, how tough is it to make a road that doesn’t curve every thirty feet?)

I was appalled by the story out of the White House today. Not that Obama met with Prof. Gates and the cop. No, I’m fine with that. My complaint is that Obama drank a Bud Light. If I knew that Obama would choose such a horrible beer for such an occasion I would have voted differently in November. How can he call himself a Chicagoan and a White Sox fan and drink Bud Light? He should be drinking Falstaff and since Falstaff is no longer being brewed he should either a) be hitting some secret presidential stash of Falstaff or b) ordering the reopening of the brewery even if it requires mobilizing the National Guard. Old Style or Pabst would also be acceptable. But Bud Light? Might as well drink water with a twist of lemon.

Also, I agree in that the most interesting man in the world should also have been invited to the beer summit with as much Dos Equis as he wished to enjoy. I mean, he punched a magician. You heard me, he punched a magician. He once doubted himself just to see what it feels like. When it rains it is because he is thinking about something sad. He is the only person who could solve our dilemmas even if it would most likely require all of us growing beards.

That is about it for the week. Heck, that is about it for July. Talk about a month that went by quickly. Given the insanely cool weather here I don’t know if anyone can say that they have had summer. It will never match the summer of my youth that is for sure. Those summers lasted for five years. Now I’m waiting for college football to start next week. Not that that would be a bad thing it is just that it is a bit of a shame that time speeds up as you get older. I’m finally enjoying my life; it should go slower now.

No comments: