Thursday, March 29, 2007

Everything is a cartoon nowadays...




(First off, apologies to everyone who had to deal with me tonight. I am in an inordinately pissy mood right now. For those of you who were lucky enough not to have to interact with me, I am having one of those moments where even I wish I didn’t know me. Luckily, I got to walk home in the rain and that helped. One of my favorite Buddhist phrases is “There is nothing you must say, there is nothing you must do, there is nothing you must think, there is nothing you must know. However, it is useful to remember that fire is hot and rain makes things wet.” Tonight I needed to be reminded that rain makes things wet.)

(I’d write about what’s on my mind but even I can’t figure it out anymore. My entire mental construct is stuck in a corner. All I’ve ever done my entire life is search for the correct answer and I’ve found myself in situations where there are none. And it is really difficult to dump logic overboard when that is what brought you this far.)

Anyway, last set of pictures. One is of Judd, Rosemary, Rudolfo and myself at the Backer. I’m still not quite sure how we got four MBAs in one place at the same time. Well, the place was easy. As I told someone, if anyone I knew was in town I was certain that they would stop by the Backer. Next picture is of Rosemary, myself and Donna, my favorite bartender in all the world. Seriously, when I become Mark Cuban rich I’ll just hire Donna to be my personal bartender just so we can hang out all the time. Finally, one picture of the Grotto because a) I’m amazed at how well it came out and b) that is something you just don’t get at any other school.

On a less serious note, I read this week about what has to be the best movie tie-in promotion ever. In order to promote the Simpsons Movie they are going to take a handful of 7-11s and turn them into Kwik-E-Marts. I’m not kidding, they plan on changing all of the displays to resemble the home of Apu. Including selling Buzz Cola, Krusty-o’s and Squishies. Tell me, is there anyone reading this who wouldn’t make an effort to shop at a Kwik-E-Mart? I’m willing to drive a couple of hours just to check this out. I can pretty much guarantee that they are going to make a mint out of this.

In other movie news, they still won’t reveal what Megatron is going to transform into other than it won’t be a gun. The official reason is that it would be like Darth Vader transforming into a light saber as someone else would have to hold it. I just think they are scared of selling toy guns and the producers don’t have any problems with ruining the memories of my youth. It ruins the entire character of Megatron. He’s so bad ass he just transforms into a gun to kill you as opposed to that wussy Optimus Prime who turns into a gas guzzling sixteen wheeler that slowly uses up the planets natural resources, increases the greenhouse gasses and eventually results in the melting of the ice caps. Or at least that is how I interpreted it.

Oh well, that’s it for me. One quarter of the year done. When I figure out what I accomplished in those months I’ll let you know. Trust me, I have so much on my mind right now I need to prioritize what life altering issues I should address first. Which makes those tasks like buying groceries become that much more difficult. Have a fun weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's a lovely little grotto on the grounds of Notre Dame de Sion Locust campus (set up by the nuns a long time ago); someone deposited some goldfish in the accompanying pond; they have thrived and grown (at least while I taught there many moons ago). check it out -- very peaceful.
LB

Anonymous said...

If you like surprises then don't click below, but if the suspense is bothering you, I present to you ... [wait for it] ... pics of Megatron.

Megatron-multi
Megatron-norm vs battle mode
Megatron-full

Yes, I am disappointed as well, but this one actually did make more sense than turning him into a Walther P38 with a scope that somehow turned into a bazooka. (Decepticons were generally badass , but they were led by a gun an a tape recorder?).

The biggest travesties of the movie are Bumblebee and Jazz. Rumor has it that VW would not allow the use of its Beetle in the movie because it didn't want it tied to violence, so the Transformers crew went to GM who thought it would be a good showcase for future designs (i.e. the 2008 Camaro), essentially turning the pitbull in the body of a chihuahua Bumblebee from the little robot that could to (I'm coining this phrase) the Vato-bot.

Jazz has gotten worse and worse. In G1 he was a Porsche 935 racing car in iconic Rothman's livery. Later generations they made him into a Viper that was painted like the Porsche, then more recently into a plain white Mazda RX-8. Now he turns into a black Pontiac Solstice.

Anonymous said...

more on Megatron... his 'earth mode' is the one that is under tight(er) wraps. sorry couldn't find any pics for a reason that may or may not turn out to be true later on (think military, think classified). The biggest disappointment may not be about what kind of vehiucle he becomes, but rather his role in teh movie.

Regardless, I'm seeing this movie.

Anonymous said...

it has come to my attention that the links to the megatron pics are dead. try this one instead if you want to see.

http://ripmegatron.ytmnd.com/

Anonymous said...

Megatron looks like the bastard child of General Grievous and a Necromonger (from the Chronicles of Riddick).

If that were true, he would be a pretty badass villain (except for maybe being vulnerable to laser blaster shots by Ewan McGregor or knives to the head from Vin Diesel).