Sunday, March 11, 2007

No fun at all

Ugh, have you ever had one of those weekends where everything seemed to go wrong? And even simple things, like making dinner, become disasters of epic proportions? Yeah, this is one of those weekends. I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to take some aspirin, crawl under the covers, and try to make the rest of the world disappear for a while.

(What’s worse is that while I had a great idea for a post I am no longer in the mood to write it. Given that it was a bit self-loathing it means that I’ve reached a point where I’m too tired to bitch. Either my mood will brighten or you’ll read what I mean in a few days.)

The good news from the weekend is that Duke, Notre Dame and Illinois all made the tournament. None of the teams have good seeds and people were arguing that the Drexel Dragons should have made the tournament over my Illini but all I care about is that my teams are in the tournament. I’ll at least get a chance to watch their games this week and maybe, just maybe, one of them will pull an upset and play next week as well. I’ll do my full tournament preview later this week.

Strange note while catching parts of The Winner: One of the paintings that they showed as an example of bad hotel art is one that I have hanging in my apartment. Yeah, my print of Jackson Square looking through CafĂ© du Monde made Fox this evening as an example of what you would find in an Albany hotel room sometime in 1994. Yeah, I’m not very happy about that. I’m really proud of what I have hanging in my apartment and except for the people who complain about the preponderance of Julie Delpy movie posters I’ve received compliments on my taste. Now I have to start questioning everything. The show still bounces between really funny, really annoying and vaguely stupid.

Oh, and Rob and Amber were eliminated from The Amazing Race: All Stars. I’m probably the only person who actually cheers for Rob and Amber. Sure they’ve been on every reality show ever but they are tough competitors and they make for interesting television. Plus, Rob played hockey with a buddy of mine from Boston when they were both kids so he is the closest connection to a reality tv star that I’ve got. I mean, until that casting director calls me back for America’s Next Top Dungeon Master. I really think that my unique interpretation on the d20 system along with my crypt design should really make me a top competitor on that show.

(Yeah, I’ve gone from hiding my geekiness to accepting it to now trying to profit from it.)

That’s it for tonight. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow. Can’t get much worse.

The five random CDs for the week:
1) Emmylou Harris “Wrecking Ball”
2) Urge Overkill “Saturation”
3) Gomez “Out West”
4) Charlie Parker “Charlie Parker Plays Standards”
5) Marshall Crenshaw “I’ve Suffered For My Art, Now It’s Your Turn”

No comments: