Friday, May 12, 2006

Hitting 400



Explanation # 1: EC takes a break from celebrating his victory in obtaining one half of the world tag team championship.

Explanation # 2: EC, somewhere in the middle of Mexico, relaxes at the wedding of one of the coolest guys he knows.

Incredibly, one of those two explanations is actually true.

Ok, so there is no need to show that picture (other than it is awesome) except that tonight is a night of celebration because this is my 400th post to the blog. The fact that I’ve written 400 posts is somewhat impressive. I’m proud of what I’ve done here but it isn’t the biggest accomplishment of all. No, that goes to a few people out there who have actually read every single one of those 400 posts and have commented on probably half of those. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m eternally grateful to those who take the time to read what I have to say about the world. It’s what makes me look forward to sitting down at the laptop every night.

And since this is a milestone and worth a celebration I think it is time to spread some more of the wealth. So, I want to put the following options out there. First, I could release Battling the Current: Volume 2, another collection of songs that would make up the soundtrack to the best Cameron Crowe movie ever. Or, I could try to call in a favor with my friends at www.starzantees.com and finally produce the Battling the Current t-shirts. Or, I could figure out a way to buy a shot for all of my readers simultaneously. I am open for suggestions but I want to do something here.

All I can say is that I am consistently amazed by the amount of things that I have written on this blog over the past year and a half. There is a lot of stuff that I am proud to have written and that I am happy found a home other than a Word file on my laptop. Sure, not all of it has been stellar and other parts have been trivial but there are moments here and there where I truly felt like a writer. And it’s taken a long time for me to even imagine that that feeling could be a possibility. So expect to see this thing continuing for the foreseeable future.

Oh, and the MySpace page? The URL is reserved, the profile is being completed, and the next step in the Battling the Current brand extension will be unveiled on Sunday. Have a great weekend.

No comments: