Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Dr. Wang: The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Lots of things to cover tonight and once again, I have no idea how to connect all of the dots but here it goes…

1) Just need to state that while playing NTN trivia at a bar this evening I ranked 36th in the country in movie trivia. Yes, so close to making the top 20 and seeing my name broadcast to all of the bars in the nation. Or, more accurately, making the world aware of the absolute dominance of Dr. Wang. Try as you might, it is impossible to beat the Wang.

2) (I’m sorry, but there is still something incredibly funny about seeing Dr. Wang flashing on a screen for the entire bar to see. It’s childish and immature but it is still better than EC Cool.)

3) I am really tempted about trying the continual dress up social experiment. Part of me feels that work needs that sense of excitement and improvisation that this would entail. Also, I think that this would be the only time I would get to show up for work in a powder blue tuxedo and I’m at the point where that seems like a really good idea. Most people think of me as one those fast track executive types. If they’d actually read the blog they’d realize, “Yeah, not so much.”

4) While wandering through Best Buy this week I saw one of the most frightening sights ever. You can now get the best of America’s Funniest Home Videos on DVD. And you know what? I bet that it sells at a pretty good clip. I just don’t want to know the type of people who buy it. I mean, it was one of those shows that had good ratings despite the fact that no one would ever admit to watching it, it consisted mainly of guys getting hit in the groin, and featured Bob Saget. I for one see that and immediately think three DVD set. What is the commentary track on that like? “Watch this. He totally takes the football to the nuts.”

5) That said, I saw two DVD collections that are on my must own list. The first is Emergency, which was a show that Channel 32 in Chicago showed all the time while growing up. It was a precursor to the ER’s of the world but mainly it was awesome for a nine year old to watch guys ride on fire trucks for an hour. Seriously, this is one of my memories from growing up. You’d watch the show and they’d be at the fire station and the alarm would go off and you’d always hope for a lot of alarms because that meant that something really cool had happened and they’d have to bring out a whole bunch of fire trucks. In my youth, this was deemed entertainment.

6) Oh and the other show is She Spies, finally released on DVD. You didn’t watch the show? You obviously weren’t coming back from bars at two or three in the morning in 2003. It was a syndicated show that was much too well written for its own good and, well, watching Natasha Henstridge after you’ve stumbled back from a bar is a very good thing. Now I figure I can watch the show and find out just what the hell was actually going on.

7) Hey, saw that Brittney officially announced that she is pregnant again. News that I broke here two weeks ago. Remind me to tip my sources. If you ever need gossip on a starlet let me know cause my peeps can dig up anything.

8) Special announcement coming tomorrow. Probably several of them. Just another reason to stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The greatest moment in the history of bar trivia was when Super announced that "EC2Cool" isn't. And then said "Dude, put Dr. Wang".

The second greatest moment in bar trivia history was when two random chicks plunked quarter after quarter into a machine stating "Were gonna play until we beat this Dr. Wang guy. And then turned, looked and said "Wait..you're Dr. Wang aren't you?"

It would have been so much cooler if she would have turned to you with a calm look and said "Dr. Wang I presume?"