Monday, December 03, 2007

Fame (or lack of it)

Ok, I’ve only watched a little bit of Tin Man on the Sci Fi Channel, which is this kind of weird reinterpretation of The Wizard of Oz turning it into steampunk or something like that. But I have to say that whenever I make up my new Perfect Mate list I really should include Zooey Deschannel on the list. Wow, there is something about her that just grabs my attention. She just exudes cool and how can you not like someone named Zooey?

(The series looks really cool so I’ll try to catch it on replays. I probably should have Tivoed it from the start. Given that the writers’ strike isn’t going to end any time soon I should stock up on good television while I can. It’s going to be all reality television all the time very soon.)

I should mention the best news from the weekend, which is that My Beloved Lindsay has broken up with her boyfriend. This would be that snowboard dude who called off his engagement to date Lindsay, which his fiancée found out about by reading the tabloids. Typically I can say that I’ve been through worse breakups but I think that one trumps mine (though I still claim that one girl broke up with me because I spent a week volunteering in New Orleans.) The buzz online is that this guy was being a jerk and couldn’t handle the paparazzi so that ended it pretty quickly. As a result I move up one more slot on the “Lindsay Lohan’s potential boyfriends” depth chart. I think I’m now officially on the practice squad. Just a few more months and I’ll be in the starting lineup.

Staying on the celebrity gossip front (because nothing else interesting happened today other than my parking garage reopened) I forgot to wish Brit a happy birthday this weekend. She was off celebrating with Paris who, if the picture in The Superficial is correct, seems to have injected her lips with about twenty pounds of bacon fat. I’m sorry but I’ve never gotten that insanely big lips look. It looks like you’re suffering from an intense allergic reaction and desperately need medical treatment. Anyway, you’ve got to hand it to Brit. Everyone thinks your life is a mess, you have no career to speak of, people are actively rooting for Kevin Federline to gain custody of your children and yet you still party on with Paris Hilton. If she was that dedicated to her craft she’d…what was her craft anyway? Is media whore an actual profession nowadays?

(By the way, if you check out The Superficial you can also find a picture of Tara Reid that looks like, well, let me explain. Ever hang out in a dive bar and notice that one older woman who always seems to be at the end of the bar chainsmoking cigarettes? The one who decided to hit a tanning bed twenty years ago and never stopped? The one you dread talking to because she tends to burn you with her cigarettes and still expects you to buy her a drink? Yeah, that’s Tara Reid. I should cut her break as she just got off a flight to Australia but wow, that’s a bad picture.

Oh, and props to Jennifer Love Hewitt for attacking people for attacking her for looking less than perfect in a picture. I know that might seem hypocritical of me but Jennifer does have a career that goes beyond her looks. People like Tara and Paris are now known for nothing other than being famous and no one can remember why they are famous in the first place.)

Last note: Keane’s “Is It Any Wonder?” is making a strong push to make the CD. More like I listened to the song a dozen times today and can’t believe that there aren’t any guitars in it. A very cool band who might make the Wednesday Night Music Club at a minimum.

No comments: