Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Where's Carson When You Need Him


I don’t really need a reason to post a Julie Delpy picture. I mean, other than the fact that today did end in a Y and that means that I am more than justified in posting a Julie Delpy picture. I’m not sure when I crossed that point of regular fandom into this other realm that I currently occupy. Probably when I bought a copy of the movie poster for White off the wall of a Borders bookstore. That’s not a joke. I literally bought the store’s display poster while it was still on the wall. That’s impressive to me at least.

Anyway, I was able to find this picture thanks to the fact that this month’s issue of Best Life has an article with Julie. What in the world is Best Life you ask? It is the magazine that I for some reason buy whenever I am stuck in an airport. Mainly because they have headlines like “8 Rules of Fitness Made Fast and Easy”, “5 Perfect Foods for Men” and “Save Your Own Life in Just 3 Minutes.” It gives me the impression that I’ll be able to turn my life around while stuck in the middle seat. Of course, none of the hints are that useful and I barely read it but still, it at least looks like I’m trying to change my life. Why in the world they chose to interview Julie in Paris is beyond me. I mean, I’m grateful but as I always say, when you make a marketing decision based on what makes me happy you’ll be out of business in a month.

Also, I have to give a shout out to the Replay Lounge in Lawrence, which was named one of America’s top bars in the new issue of Esquire. I’m not quite sure I would consider it the best place ever but where else could you see Immaculate Machine perform a set and play a few games of pinball?

Given that I am on the subject of men’s magazines, which I have to admit our piling up in my apartment at an alarming rate, I find myself once again struggling with my personal style. I am in a serious rut as best indicated by Rodolfo noticing that I was still wearing the same shirt that I wore the last time we saw each other. Which was four years ago. I mean, I really like the dress shirt, vintage t-shirt and jeans look but it is time for a change. Hence all of the magazines discussing clothing that I can’t even define much less figure out where to go to buy.

As a result I am once again putting out a request for volunteers to help me update my wardrobe. Since I apparently can’t get cast for a reality show I’ll have to do it on my own. I’ll take any and all advice, will actually be dragged out shopping if necessary, all for your fun and amusement. If there are any takers please let me know. Otherwise I’ll just be the guy walking into a store with a copy of GQ going, “See this page? Yeah, I need that.”

Oh, and to follow up on yesterday’s post, I want everyone to go to Jail Paris Hilton and sign the petition. We must all lend our voices to insure that Governor Schwarzenegger does not pardon Paris Hilton. Wow. I understand all of the words in that last sentence but it makes no sense at all. I really wonder why I bother writing fiction anymore. Why hold up a mirror to the world when it is a funhouse already.

No comments: