Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'll try to remember the unicorns this time...

For those in the Kansas City area I would just like to inform everyone that my work on the ark is nearly complete and I am beginning to round up two of every animal. At the present moment there is still an argument as to whether the stink beetles really need to come aboard and I would really appreciate it if the three toed sloths would hurry up a bit but I’m happy so far. Much like I am constantly looking for someone to be the Zelda to my F. Scott, if someone wants to be my, uh, Noah’s wife (or at least steady girlfriend) to my Noah I’m more than willing to accept applications.

In other words, it has been raining like mad the past few hours and it has been doing this for weeks on end. It’s like I’m living in Seattle just without the mountains and the coffee and the culture. I think I could swim down my street right now. As always I blame Al Gore for this. If we didn’t know why this was happening then we could just call it a freak of nature. Now we have to be aware it is our own damn fault. Jerk.

Been struggling for a few minutes now to think up a topic. To be honest it has been a long couple of weeks for me. Just a whole bunch of stuff that at first started to happen around me and then began to hit me more and more directly. At some point the whole blissful mood that I was in was going to have to take a bit of a hit and it did. But I’ve done what I always do. I pick myself up, dust myself up, go “I’m bleeding. Sweet!”, and get ready for the next battle. Life is still way too much fun to get caught up in a few minor details that don’t go your way.

So with that I’ve been applying to more and more jobs though I have yet to hear back from anybody. I guess that is the problem with Monster and CareerBuilder; there is a whole black hole aspect to the sites. I drop off resumes and they just disappear into the ether even for jobs I am more than qualified for. I want to find something in the next few weeks but I’m not sure when or where or how it will happen. There is no big rush, I live on the cheap any way, and my life is interesting enough without spending 40+ hours a week in a beige box but I need to start making that next step.

I guess what I want to say is that this past week has taught me that complaining about life gets you nowhere and all it results in is you forgetting all the incredible moments that you’ve just had. Life is just too short and I often wonder if I’ve wasted parts of mine, which would be an incredible shame. But I’m trying to relish every moment and experience everything the world has to offer. As Warren Zevon said before he died “Enjoy every sandwich.”

Let’s have Carbon Leaf take us home. Enjoy the weekend everybody.

1 comment:

Richard Jennings said...

The stats say unemployment is up but I have never seen so many high paying jobs posted online -

http://www.realmatch.com
http://www.monster.com
http://www.simplyhired.com

Its like the expression, "are you going to belive me or your eyes?" my 2 cents