Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Decreasing entropy

I’ve been on this strange organizational trip as of late. I could probably blame it on the start of a new year. That always makes me focus on trying to get my life together for the first time in my entire existence. On the plus side, it does mean that my apartment is organized and clean for the first time in ages. However, it also means that I put together a full page of To Do’s for tonight that began with, and I’m not kidding here, “have dinner”. Yep, while sitting at work and compiling this list I actually went, “Better remind myself to eat.” I probably should also have included items like “drive home”, “get mail” and “watch CSI reruns for two hours because it’s that cool one where they bury Nick alive.” Still, I’m at least going to accomplish most of what I listed out this morning.

(Yes, I spent part of today at work creating to do lists. Along with a few other really detail oriented reporting tasks without the benefit of headphones. Anything to keep my mind off the press releases of the past few days.)

In lighter news, I started reading Crime and Punishment today. Yep, since it is January that means I have to once again tackle a challenging/important piece of literature. In the past this has had me reading Faust, Ulysses, the Pilgrim’s Progress and To Kill a Mockingbird. Ok, maybe the last one shouldn’t count as a challenge but it was a book that I was embarrassed to say that I had never read. I think the blame goes to Ivy for recommending this one in an email thread and as I have never read the Russians to the degree that I feel I should have I challenge Dostoevsky and his novel where every character is seemingly named Ivan. Or that’s how I assume it will be, I’m just fifteen pages into it right now. Who knows, maybe it turns out to be like a Harry Potter book and I’m suddenly reading about the Russian version of Quidditch.

In truly lighter news, it appears that the candlelight vigil for Lindsay was very successful as she was seen out and about last weekend. Most people have their appendix removed and they spend the next week in bed. Not our Lindsay, who was out dancing on tables at a club the next day. She’s like the cheerleader from Heroes; you just can’t keep her down. Except instead of trying to save the planet from annihilation she’s trying to…she’s trying to…you know, I’m her biggest fan and I don’t have a friggin clue was Lindsay’s motivation is any more. Maybe she wants to be an singer, maybe she wants to be a movie star, she’s like that girl you knew in college who had like three majors and each one was less useful than the previous one until she ended up with a degree in communications and the only reason you talked to her is because she always seemed to be at the bar and falling into guys’ arms. Lindsay Lohan, that girl in college who when you saw her you went, “Oh no, not her again…”

No comments: