Thursday, November 09, 2006

Oops I did it again

Looks like I got my prediction wrong last night. The democrats did end up taking control of the senate. That really surprised me, I figured they were going to lose in Virginia and Missouri. Claire won by a decent margin even though I would say that Talent ran better ads. Not better in that they proved his position or anything. Better in that he implied that his opponent was a tax cheat who encouraged the torture of senior citizens while living the high life in Bermuda. Now I wonder what I’ll do now that I won’t have any political ads to watch.

(In the one bright spot for republicans, Heath Shuler was elected to congress. Yes, the QB who you wouldn’t trust holding a clipboard got elected. Based on this, I expect Brett Farve to be elected king of Wisconsin in the next decade.)

But now I am very upset. Here it’s been twenty four hours since the democrats have taken over and is my life better? No. They’re just a bunch of slackers. Plus, now I won’t have as many people to blame with regards to the horrible state of the nation. Life is so much more fun when all you have to do is blame the other guy.

On to more important news, I am still reeling from the Brit-K-Fed story (which is now being referred to as Fed-Ex in a case of humor gone awry). The big development today was that Brit ended their marriage with a text message. That’s got to hurt. I’ve had break-ups through email before, which at least gives you the dignity of knowing that the other person sat down at a keyboard, looked at a screen and typed. Here, she was probably watching Dancing with the Stars and sent “ITS OVER L8R”. It’s tough to feel sorry for K-Fed because, well, the guy’s a friggin douchebag. But still, if you’ve got the phone out you could at least leave a message on his voice mail.

So where does Brit go from here? I’ll stand by my earlier prediction: expect an album in the next six months released to mixed reviews but accompanied by a Playboy shoot emphasizing her new womanly body. It’s pretty much her best option right now. It’s a vague attempt at recreating her image but to be honest, she’s a sideshow right now. Her best course of action is to admit it and make as much money off of it as she can. It’s not like people are waiting for her next single. She can’t even do the Debbie (I mean, Deborah) Gibson career track and star in Les Mis, mainly because that would require talent. Also, I don’t think that Brit would sing back up on a Circle Jerks song. So, we’re looking at Playboy, a couple of bad movies, and the top left square on Hollywood Squares. Still better than Tiffany, I’ll give her that much.

No comments: