Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekend goes by fast

Wow, it’s Sunday night already. Got another full week in the office ahead of me. This weekend just flew by. It’s like I feel like I was in the office this morning and I have to go straight back. The nice thing is that the weekend going by quickly was a result of things happening in my life, which is a welcome reprieve. Some highlights from the weekend.

Caught the Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart concert on Friday night. Stacey Earle is Steve Earle’s little sister and other than hearing her sing duet on a Steve Earle song that was about all that I knew about her. Obviously, it doesn’t take much for me to see a show. When your criteria has fallen to the “If I’ve heard of you, I’ll listen to you” point, you have to start wondering about what your life has devolved to. It was a really nice show, folk music would be the best way to put it. Had one of the best concert moments of the year by far at the show. For the last song they put down their guitars and sang an a cappella gospel song. That’s cool by itself. Then they walked off the stage, still singing. Walked through the crowd, shaking hands, and continuing to sing the refrain. They reach the back door of the club right as they reach the last few lines and as they finish they walk out of the club. Everyone cheers but as they are applauding they realize that they really aren’t cheering anyone since at this point Stacey and Mark are in the parking lot. Just a cool moment.

Notre Dame won on Saturday, which was awesome. Always great to see us beat Michigan, though you could make a very strong argument that Michigan lost that game more than Notre Dame won it. We got the turnovers in the red zone when we needed them and the fact that we could go to Michigan and hold them off is a really good sign. Haven’t checked the status of Rhema McKnight, if he’s not healthy then the team is in trouble. Can’t really feel confident with Matt Shelton as your secondary receiver. Still, it let me walk around Kansas City in my Notre Dame t-shirt and represent. Can’t complain about that.

(Oh, completely random note. Was at this clothing store where I kind of know the owners and saw that they had the best t-shirt ever (and I am so pissed that I didn’t think of this one first for my soon to be created Battling the Current shirt). It has a picture of that classic Las Vegas neon sign except that it says Kansas City and beneath it it reads “Whatever happens in Kansas City… really doesn’t matter.” Awesome.)

Today has been pretty quiet. Cleaned up the apartment, watched football, led my Fantasy Football team to a pretty significant lead. How do you refer to your managing of a fantasy team? I mean, I am organizing the offense and feel that I did a great job (other than Roy Williams sucking air for me today). Not quite sure what this week has in store for me but it will probably be interesting. And involve a cubicle. Definitely involving a cubicle.

The five random CDs for the week
1) Jay Farrar “Terroir Blues”
2) Dave Matthews Band “Remember Two Things”
3) Pat McGee Band “Shine”
4) Lyle Lovett “Live in Texas”
5) Peabody “Heroine”

No comments: