Tuesday, February 16, 2010

They did not protect the house

We lost to Japan in Women’s Curling. I can now say that I am no longer proud to be an American even if I still know that I am free. Seriously, had a 6 – 4 lead after the sixth end and just completely lost it. An embarrassment to the entire US curling community. And don’t even get me started on the men’s game against the Germans.

(My favorite part of the Olympics: getting to follow obscure sports and having the once in every two years opportunity of letting my hatred for certain small European countries show. Go to hell, Latvia. Go to hell. Except for the one Latvian reader I picked up over the past few months. Your cool.)

Also, your Olympic fun fact for the day is that one of the curlers for Canada is five and a half months pregnant. You’ve got to love any sport that you can compete in while with child.

Otherwise things are rather quiet here so I will make this a quick post. Got a little more snow, which resulted in people having absolutely no idea how to drive. Amazing that with almost two feet of snow on the ground a further dusting resulted in everyone going ten miles an hour. It is rather mind boggling. Now I understand that I am more comfortable driving in snow than most people but this was rather ridiculous. I’ll admit that making turns when faced with a four foot snowbank is pretty daunting but driving straight should not be that difficult. Maybe that is just what I get for living in Delaware.

Two other things that shocked and or annoyed me in the past few days. I have been behind people at Dunkin Donuts and the post office who seem to be so oblivious that I don’t know how they reached either location. At Dunkin I was forced to wait while someone dealt with the fact that they must make a choice of whether to have sausage, bacon or ham on their breakfast sandwich. First off, it’s an easy choice to go with bacon but I think the big problem was the entire idea of a choice. Given that I was desperately needing coffee at the time this was not a wait I desired. The post office had me behind someone who could not figure out how to count out $1.39 to pay their bill. Took them five minutes until they finally handed over a five. And just remember, their vote counts the same as mine.

No comments: