Thursday, June 11, 2009

Turn your TVs to digital tonight

I’ll have to admit one of the nice things about living in a high rise apartment is that it is really cool when it rains. Especially given all of my windows there is just this whole sense of epicness with a good rainstorm. I will also say that of the things I miss about Kansas I am surprised that one of them is the thunderstorms. You just don’t get those end of the world type storms out here. Sure, it rains but you never seem to get that whole “wall of water with occasional funnel clouds” that made life in Kansas so exciting. I actually miss it.

Your big celebrity news of the day is that Chastity Bono is becoming a man. For those of you whoever wondered what the answer was to the question “I wonder how screwed up one would become by having Cher as a mom” there is your answer. I’m all for people living their lives however they see fit (as long as it doesn’t harm others) but this is taking it a little bit to the extreme. I’m not sure if I will ever be able to watch Celebrity Fit Club the same way again. I’m not sure if Harvey approves of this or not.

I watched Top Chef Masters last night, which is essentially Top Chef with, you know, actual top chefs. They have a pretty kick ass lineup of chefs in the competition include my personal fave John Besh. Next trip to New Orleans I am eating in his restaurant. I don’t care who I will have to bribe to get a table. Reviews of the show have been mixed. On the negative side you do not get a chance to grow and love the contestants as for the most part it is one and done and it is all for charity so there is little drama. On the other hand the food that is created is absolutely spectacular given the circumstances. I do not believe that anyone has ever made a risotto in a dorm room using only a microwave, toaster oven and hot plate. However, the making macaroni and cheese in the shower is something that has probably taken place before. There are things that take place in dorms that you would never wish to understand.

Also, I would like to remind everyone that the switch to digital television starts tomorrow. So for all my blog readers still using analog television sets I must ask “How the hell do you have internet but not digital television? Is it that difficult to ask for cable?” I will guarantee you that the next few days will be filled with stories about people who are suddenly dealing with the fact that they can’t watch television. Especially with this happening on a Friday so they will end up missing the cliffhanger on all of their stories. But really this should hopefully be a non event. I’m not sure if it will be of any benefit to anyone in the long term but hey, we will be long past the age of static.

No comments: