Monday, July 31, 2006

Month end download...

Since it’s the end of the month it means that I have just finished another magnum opus e-mail so the blog is forced to deal with whatever random thoughts are in my head at any given moment. Here goes nothing…

1) Ok, another 90’s musical question that no one is asking: If you’re too sexy for your hat shouldn’t you at least wear a hoodie? Because otherwise you’re going to catch a chill. What do you think about that?

2) On the list of celebrity meltdowns that I wished there was a video camera present, Mel Gibson’s DUI arrest is almost certainly at the top of the list. It wasn’t the fact that he got pulled over for a DUI. It’s not because of his rants about who may or may not be conspiring to rule the world. I just want to see footage of him pretending to take a piss in a jail cell. Now that is a judge of your acting chops. It’s situations like that where you really prove that you are an Oscar winner.

3) Oh, and once again I must come to the defense of my beloved Lindsay who was so unjustly attacked by the head of the studio for her being exhausted on set. Look, that was clearly a case of heat exhaustion. Sure, the hospital treated her by giving her an injection of Vitamin B, which isn’t done for exhaustion but rather for uh, over-inbibing, but who are you going to trust? Doctors or publicists? It’s the studios fault for a) filming in Los Angeles and b) making her work for upwards of three hours a day. That’s just inhuman, no one should be forced to work that hard. Especially Lindsay since she is such a delicate soul.

4) I read this over the weekend and sadly I know that I am going to do this in a manner that will frighten random strangers. See, Wired had an article on improving your life and in the section on shortening your commute they discussed varying your start times and keeping detailed notes to determine the optimal time to drive. Yeah, I’ve already built the spreadsheets. With automated graphs. And some multivariate regression analysis. All of this to save five minutes a day. I could just move closer to work but why do something that complex?

5) Oh, and an album recommendation to close out the night. If you are into the Damien Rice/David Gray style of music you’ll probably want to check out David Ford. He’s another British singer songwriter and I saw him open for Gomez and he put on a great set. Plus, his disc is called “I sincerely apologize for all the trouble I’ve caused”, which is just awesome. Definitely worth checking out.

No comments: