Monday, July 24, 2006

Westward the course of the empire makes its way...

Two other notes from The Ditty Bops show that I somehow failed to mention. First, since they were dressed up like Dorothy and the Witch they had to play Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Which they did. On a saw. Damn impressive. Second, they would bring volunteers from the audience to the stage to either a) dance, b) tell stories of their obsessive crushes or c) perform karaoke and sing the song for them. It all seemed to make sense at the time. Third, I used to just run into bartenders and Kristin and Bill at shows (who I did run into and yep, they’re still together.) Now I run into people I play trivia with and that is odd because we know each other but only by team names. Again, there is something to having random people reference you as Cobra Kai.

I guess that would be three things. Not like I ever knew how to count or anything.

So since I actually had some free time tonight in between doing dishes, cleaning my apartment and organizing my dry cleaning (as you should outsource laundry whenever possible) I discovered that they are now showing two episodes of How I Met Your Mother on Monday nights in the summer. Which is sweet because there are still episodes that I haven’t seen yet and since I had taken a few weeks off from watching the show it’s nice to go back and see how my life is playing out on television. And apparently they noticed that I find playing Laser Tag way too cool for its own good. I’m not sure if I’m proud of that fact or not.

And yes, I officially can’t wait until the start of the new season. Especially since Nakomis got voted out of Big Brother, which means that I don’t particularly like anyone in the show so it’s not really worth watching. I really don’t want to have to be forced to watch Project Runway in order to get my reality show fix but it might come down to it. If I can just make it two more weeks until the new season of Celebrity Fit Club I’ll be okay.

Actually, of all of my guilty pleasure shows that one is probably the biggest one. Partly because it is the only reality show that I have found useful in that I a) learned a couple of ideas on how to help lose weight and b) it is really nice to know that I can lose more weight on my own than celebrities can when they are actually being paid to lose weight. Plus, you are down to the D level celebrities who will admit that “Yeah, I’m fat but I’ll get more publicity by doing this than by eating another box of Ding Dongs.” Sure, it’s no Flavor of Love but then again, nothing is.

(Is it me or is anyone else amazed that more people know who Flavor Flav is than Chuck D? Does that say something very meaningful about our society? Or the importance of wearing huge clocks?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EC,

If you need a fix of reality TV, watch The Big Break this fall. I know it lacks the bikinis, drunken hook ups and worm eating that we may have come to expect from reality TV, but from what I understand there was some backstabing. Plus my little sis will be on it.