Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Running Wild Times Four

Time to try something different…

A) Your Olympic headline of the night: “Dorfmeister takes gold medal in women’s Downhill.” I am a huge fan of anyone who comes with their own nickname. Come on, it’s the Dorfmeister! Can’t you just see yourself at the Backer going, “Hey, is Dorfmeister coming out tonight?” Or what about the possibility that you could be dating the Dorfmeister? Best name of the Olympics, by far.

B) Great quote from Before Sunset that I don’t know if I’ve ever posted before. “I had this dream where I found out I was 32 and was scared and then woke up to find I was 23. Then I woke up for real and found out that I was actually 32.” That’s pretty much a daily occurrence for me now. Anyway, Before Sunset is one of those movies that you should watch once or twice a year at completely random intervals. It’s ninety minutes spent eavesdropping on the lives of people who mirror your own life.

C) As part of my public service of keeping everyone updated on all celebrity happenings I need to weigh in on the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes breakup rumors. Now, I do not deny the fact that at some point Katie might suddenly realize “Oh my God, this guy is totally insane. Plus he’s like a midget or something” but that isn’t the fun part of the rumor. The fun part is the detailed plan of how they will stay together until two months after the birth (and the opening of Mission: Impossible 3) and then they will separate while living nearby to each other. It would be the most organized and civil breakup ever. The other thing is that this rumor was printed in “Life & Style” magazine. Ok, I read a lot of celebrity news. Heck, I can even make an argument that it is part of my job description (don’t ask how, sometimes life takes you in really odd directions). But, I have never, ever heard of this magazine. So the biggest celebrity news story of the year will be broken by these guys? I wouldn’t put too much weight into it.

D) Saw that the WWF is planning on releasing a 4 disc DVD retrospective on Hulk Hogan’s career this year. Now as someone who owns a fair share of wrestling DVDs I….wait a minute…did I just admit to owning wrestling DVDs? That probably explains a lot about my life… Anyway, I really want to know who will sit through four discs of Hogan matches, which were all the same from 1986 through about 1998. Same plot, same pace, same moves. I mean, how many clothesline, big boot, leg drop combinations does one need to see? 16 hours worth? With multiple commentary tracks? “Wow, he’s making another comeback from the brink of defeat. Haven’t seen that before.” There is nostalgia and then there is overkill and this falls into the latter category.

No comments: