Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'll keep this short

Note to my Kansas City readers: I highly, highly recommend going to Record Bar on Sunday to see The Brunettes. Easily the best band out of New Zealand in recent memory. Plus, if you came all the way from New Zealand to play Kansas City on a Sunday night you deserve to have an audience. I promise you that it will be a great show.

Ok, I know that I typically strive to write something funny or interesting here but tonight my creativity well has dried up. Actually, I have two ideas that I want to try out (15 books that have inspired me and a review of the first episodes of Project Runway on Lifetime) but for the first one I want to put more thought into it than I could tonight and for the second I haven’t watched my tapes of the episodes yet so I can’t write a review.

(Is it weird that I still refer to it as taping a show? I can’t bring myself to write DVRing or Tivoing a show. It just sounds wrong so I keep on referring to nonexistent tapes. This is much in the same way as I constantly refer to album sales even though that format no longer exists.)

Anyway, my hope is that I will write one of those two over the weekend and then the other on Sunday. So I will make up for this lack of a quality post over the weekend. We here at Battling the Current apologize for the inconvenience. If anyone would like to volunteer to be my personal assistant in order to help me free up an hour or two in my night I would greatly appreciate it. Right now I barely have time to breathe.

1 comment:

rug said...

The Brunettes are better than Flight of the Conchords?