Wednesday, October 03, 2007

MBA = Figure Four Process



Wednesday Night Music Club: Most people know that I wear headphones for the majority of the workday. Hell, I’d wear them the entire day if I didn’t have to do things like talk to people or go to meetings. For those who wonder just what I’m listening to a lot of the time it is Kathleen Edwards. Of all the pretty girls with guitars that I listen to she is my favorite. I’m just incredibly impressed with her songwriting. It’s very natural but really engaging. Plus, I really dig this video.

Ok, I have to bring to everyone’s attention the absolute best web site ever. I believe the entire internet has been created just so that this site can exist. I am talking about www.ricflairfinance.com I know that when I think about obtaining a car loan the first thought that comes to my mind is “I bet if “Nature Boy” Ric Flair was doing the negotiations I would get an even better rate.” I mean he is a limousine riding, jet plane flying, Rolex wearing son of a gun so obviously he knows a lot about money. Well, ignoring the fact that the IRS was going after him for back taxes and all.

Now I do need to be honest here, if you asked me to list my idols Ric Flair is probably still in my top five. The guy was the greatest wrestler that I’ve ever seen. For those of you who go “but wrestling is fake” than just view that as my saying he is the best actor I’ve ever seen. For about a ten year stretch he really was the best performer in the business. The problem is he is now 57 years old and still wrestles. I don’t really want to see him wrestle anymore. I’d like him to retire with dignity and maybe this company will help him do it. Though the picture of him in his wrestling gear on the splash page is probably not the best choice.

Switching topics, my apartment complex has decided to have some fun and reseal the parking lot. Sounds simple enough but this has turned into a comedy of errors. The timeline has changed at least twice to the point that people are confused about where they can and can’t park and end up getting told. Plus, after two weeks of notices of telling us where off the property we can park I come home to a notice today saying “Oops, you really shouldn’t park there.” Also, my apartment now smells like asphalt, which is always a good thing.

Probably my biggest issue is that I now have to park my car outside for the first time in four years. To be honest, this apartment is the first time in my life that I actually had a garage I could park my car in. I never imagined that I would grow so attached to such a thing. It is surprisingly comforting to know that I don’t have to scrape the ice off the windshield or step into a car that is at 120 degrees anymore. I know it shows that my life is pretty sweet when I’m bitching about having to park a block away from my apartment but damnit, sometimes I just don’t feel like walking.

No comments: