Thursday, October 11, 2007

Friday cannot come soon enough...

For those reading this who also receive the Notre Dame alumni magazine you really, really need to read the class notes section. Apparently my voice mail messages are now considered newsworthy. Yep, that’s just how awesome I am. Thanks as always to the ever amazing Rosemary who always turns our class notes into something bordering on brilliance.

(Though reading in another section that two students were shot outside of Club 23 was rather disconcerting. It’s one of the reasons why I drank at the Backer though it’s not like that had a better safety record or anything. The students being robbed at Turtle Creek didn’t surprise me. After living there for two years nothing surprises me anymore. It amazed me when I moved to KC and I discovered that I no longer had people screaming outside my window on a Thursday night.)

Staying with the Notre Dame theme, does anyone know why we just exhumed George Gipp’s body? I know that we are lacking depth at running back but this is a rather drastic measure. Though a zombie George Gipp in the backfield would be rather awesome. He wouldn’t have breakaway speed but he’d be really tough to bring down. It’s just a strange story made even stranger by the fact that ESPN was filming it. Given that this is a network that feels that rodeo is suitable for ESPN Classic I sadly have to admit that this is a move in the right direction.

Anyway, the week is almost over. I am unbelievably grateful for this. I woke up yesterday and I thought “It’s nice to have a day off.” Then I realized it was Wednesday and just started swearing at random objects in my apartment. I don’t know why this week has been so draining on me. I’ve been busy at work but not overwhelmingly so. Haven’t had too many late nights with the worst being last night when I watched my tape of the Top Chef reunion special. Not sure why I needed to watch that on the same day but I did. I’ll miss the show but I will gain some free time at least until Project Runway starts up. I probably shouldn’t admit that I watch that show. Though it probably balances out the fact that last night I named random third tier G.I. Joe characters.

Oh, and I’ve been meaning to mention this all week. Given all the upheaval at my job I’ve decided to focus my attention on obtaining the Chairman’s job. Of all the high ranking executive jobs it is clearly my favorite. Mainly because it is the one where you don’t really have any defined job. You just kind of sit around and drink with the Board of Directors. That and meet with other companies and have people buy you expensive dinners. I can really see myself excelling at that type of position. I’ll even bring my own silverware.

I think that’s it for the week. Obviously I would be well served to get some sleep. Have a great weekend everyone. Go Illini and keep the streak alive. As for Notre Dame, well, if we could beat BC at some point I’d be happy. I’ve never gotten to see that happen as a student or as an alumni.

No comments: