Monday, September 24, 2007

My favorite season: Fall TV Season

Random Point # 1: Here is a helpful hint for everyone in the future. Don’t go grocery shopping while on painkillers after having spent the weekend thinking up Tang related puns. Let’s just say that it made shopping a much more interesting experience than it really should be. Plus, I might need to find a new grocery store for a while…

Random Point # 2: So, I was reading superficial.com and apparently Britney’s bodyguard tells a story about Brit nearly overdosing on meth with Howie Day. Now, of all the parts of that sentence to strike you as bizarre the one that gets me is Howie Day. How the hell did he get involved in this mess? I mean, the guy is a screw up and all but doesn’t he just seem like the last person to be caught in a super high profile celebrity gossip ring. Another part of the story has the bodyguards needing to be armed when Howie was around. This really makes me question the accuracy of this story because I could kick Howie Day’s ass. And probably should for being a prick and showing up so stoned he couldn’t play one of the times I saw him.

Anyway, today was television premiere night. Specifically, my life story started its next chapter with How I Met Your Mother getting off to a…well, they got off to a start. I mean, I knew it was going to be a sucky episode once they announced that they were having Enrique Inglesias and mandy Moore guest star. Ted getting a tramp stamp was funny, though. (For the record, I’ve never gotten a tattoo while drunk. Came dangerously close one time but sobered up just in time.) Plus, Barney yelling “This is so going in my blog” will probably become my new ringtone.

It’s going to be an interesting season. First, they have to try to find a way to keep Robin in the storylines even though staying friends after a breakup is really difficult especially in a show that is fairly realistic. My fear is that she is going to turn into a fifth wheel, much like Barney did at times last year. The other thing is that it looks like Ted really is going to meet the girl of his dreams. Hey, if it’s going to come true for my avatar, maybe it’s about to come true for me.

I also watched The Big Bang Theory and…ok, I have a theory I need to put forth. Everyone knows that I spend a lot of time studying pop culture and products. Every once in a while I come across a product that I feel is just tailor made for me. At that point I know one thing for certain, this product is going to fail miserably because if I am your target market you are effectively screwed. And The Big Bang Theory is screwed because I just loved the show.

I mean, we had physics jokes throughout the entire episode. The duality of light was used as an analogy for a jerk of a boyfriend. They talk about playing Klingon Boggle, which rules by the way. Essentially, you have a couple of guys who are uber nerds trying to talk to their beautiful neighbor. For me, this is high end comedy. For the rest of the world, they are probably wondering what all those weird letters on a whiteboard meant. Here is why I love the show already…

“What if my kids grew up and didn’t know whether to use an integral or a differential to calculate the area under a curve?”
“Well, you’d still love them.”
“Really? I wouldn’t.”

Yeah, Monday nights are going to rock.

No comments: