Thursday, September 13, 2007

Crawling to the finish line

There is a very strange feeling that comes over you when you receive something like two hundred emails in one day at the office. It’s a sense of uneasy calmness as you discover you have lost so much of the plot that the story seems to make more sense now. Well, that and you immediately start to wonder if you could offshore your own job to India so you wouldn’t have to go through all these messages. Sigh. Sometimes technology isn’t very wonderful. I probably could have solved this in a phone call but ended up filling up an entire server instead.

Wish I could talk about the president’s address but I skipped it in protest. I mean, what type of country is this that we delay an episode of Big Brother just to have the president give a speech? Where are our priorities people? It was vitally important to find out who won the last head of household competition and determined the final two. This isn’t as bad as when CBS decided that the Chiefs pre-season game was more important but it’s in the running.

Oh, and it’s Dick and Danielle in the final pairing. Could we vote for neither of them to win the money? I know that reality shows tend not to reward nice and kind people but do we have to give the prize to the mean, bratty people instead?

Don’t have a whole lot planned for this weekend. Should be able to catch Mark Olson (formerly of the Jayhawks) doing a solo show tomorrow night, which will be cool. The Jayhawks were a horribly underappreciated band who did their thing (country rock with great harmonies) better than anyone else. They just never got that big break. That’s probably the best show of the weekend while next week will be one of those weeks where I’m seemingly always in front of a stage. It’s odd, I can go weeks without seeing any bands and then I’ll do five shows in a week.

I’ll watch the ND-Michigan game, which should just be called the “They’ve got to win eventually” game. I think this is being shown on ABC as they really feel that we all need to be punished. I’m sorry but even as an alum I’m expecting this to be an ugly game. I’ll watch it and cheer but I’m down to hoping for an offensive touchdown that is not totally offensive. People have asked me why I tend to watch games from home as opposed to going to bars. One reason is that I can multitask and use the fact that I’ll be in my apartment for three hours as a great excuse to do laundry. The main reason though is that I need to reduce the amount of time during the week that I spend at the end of a bar, looking down at the veneered surface and muttering obscenities to myself.

Ok, that’s it for this week. I really need to get some sleep. Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: