Monday, July 18, 2005

Continuing the theme

Have a couple of points and comments to continue on from last night. Once again, my creative genius is being stolen as Robot Chicken also did an homage to You Can’t Do That On Television. Seriously, what are my legal options here? Seth Green has clearly stolen my idea. Look, just because he was cool enough to get his number in Paris Hilton’s Sidekick doesn’t me he gets to just steal whatever he finds online. I’ll never stoop that low. Well, other than when I literally copy entire sections of The Onion in here. But that is just a tribute, not theft.

The A-Ha sequence in Family Guy last night was awesome. Especially the fact that they included the evil motorcycle mechanics. That part of the video never made any sense to me. I mean, girl getting dragged into a comic book is perfectly sensible but why is everyone chasing each other with a wrench? Also, if you know the name of the flying dog/lion creature in The Neverending Story I must tip my trivia champion hat to you. I still have issues with that movie. It is the biggest rip off of all time. I clearly remember it having closing credits. I think my class action lawsuit against the filmmakers is still pending.

Also, if the governor of Missouri is telling me anything, it’s to never elect a governor who is a) my age and b) republican. I’m still at a loss as to how he decided to fly the Confederate flag in a state park. A state that technically never joined the Confederacy and thus never had the flag flying over it in the first place. This is one of those stories that received zero press around here and that might worry me more than anything. I’ve never expected this to be one of the more progressive parts of the country but I would settle for rational and sane.

In concert news, we have one of the biggest names of all time coming to town this weekend. I am talking about, of course, Journey. Yes, they still exist. No, I have no idea why. I certainly don’t want to know why people will actually spend money for the tickets and since it is at the big amphitheater they are going to be spending money on parking as well. What goes through your mind when you are buying that ticket. “I really hope they play Separate Ways” or “Dude, I so remember scoring to Open Arms” Even if that is the case, how does that inspire you to buy a ticket? I mean, you have Richard Buckner and Alejandro Escovedo playing this weekend. If you choose Steve Perry over those two you might as well turn in your music fan membership card.

(Ok, I’ll admit, the Journey video game was pretty cool. Not too many bands can score their own game)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to break it to you but Steve Perry is no longer with Journey.

I see that Dennis DeYoung is also no longer with Styx.

Anonymous said...

oh, and Escape on the Atari 2600 was pretty sweet (you can find several emulators on the web if you get the urge to play), but Aeromsith and Michael Jackson also had video games

Anonymous said...

I think Atreyu was the protagonist in Neverending Story, not the flying dog thing. Incidently, I believe flying dog-lions can be claimed on Missouri state tax returns along with barrows, gilts and replacement ewes.

Anonymous said...

oops, my bad, but actually Atreyu is the boy in the book, not the main boy. As for the dog/lion -- actually his name is Falkor and he is a luckdragon.