Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm sleepy once more

Chelsea Clinton has asked her dad to lose fifteen pounds prior to her wedding. I find that completely unfair. Why should one have to lose weight for a wedding? If you are going to spend the entire evening eating and drinking why do you have to starve yourself for months beforehand? Just seems foolish.

(I’m kidding of course. I’ll be back on the exercise program tomorrow. Only twenty pounds to go before I’m allowed to get married. Better start working out before I have to make weight by removing unnecessary organs.)

In other news, A-Ha has broken up after 30 years in the music biz which leads one to state, “Wait a minute, A-Ha was still around? Seriously?” Yes, apparently 30 years of playing “Take on Me” was finally too much for the group and they called it a career. I’m pretty sure the last decade has consisted of them solely playing that song over and over again. They really don’t need to write a set list. I will say though that this is why I hate when people call a band a one hit wonder sometimes. If you can have a 30 year career in the music business you are no longer a one hit wonder. You are just a regular touring band.

Not much else to write about tonight. I’m just exhausted at the moment due to that stupid late flight earlier this week. I am telling you it was only two or three years ago that I would spend most of my time at bars or at concerts and could go through a regular day in the office without any ill effects at all. Now I can barely make it through the day without collapsing into a ball due to fatigue. Growing old is nowhere near as fun as it should be. I’ll post something extra exciting over the weekend to make things more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being on the singles scene as not as fun or glamorous as it sounds. In fact it absolutely sucks. I am envious of all the things you go through to make your relationship work because at least you know it is worth it in the end and you have something to believe in, and that's a hell of a lot more than you can say about what it's like to be back on the scene.