Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm sleepy

The Octomom has finally received her wish and been given her own television show from the producers of Beauty and the Geek. You know, I would expect more from a production company that has made its name by shattering the stereotype that nerds and beautiful have nothing in common. Ok, so what if the show actually proves that that is the case at least their cold, cynical heart was in the right place.

Don’t really have many stories from this weekend as I kind of took the entire weekend off to watch old Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes. Well, that wasn’t all that I did but it was one of the highlights. As many people know my life has been a mess of airports and delayed flights recently and a weekend spent in my own apartment was a lovely reprieve even if it was one spent cleaning and doing laundry.

(Seriously, there is nothing more annoying in my mind than sitting around doing laundry. Not that I find it challenging. Just that it means that my entire schedule is tied to a machine that I can’t control. If I’m doing laundry (and when I do I try to get it all done at once) then I know that there is nothing else that I can do (at least outside of the apartment.) It is like grocery shopping. There is no way to muti-task when grocery shopping.)

(By the way, I was behind two women at the supermarket who must have purchased three hundred dollars worth of groceries in cash. That isn’t too unusual you might say. Except that they were paying in tens and fives and singles. I’ve never seen that before. ATM twenties certainly but not what appeared to be every bill that you have in your house.)

I guess some weekends are just like this. You might go out a bit and do a few things but mainly all you want to do is sit on your couch. Maybe I am just getting old. Or I am so happy with the way my life is at the moment I don’t have any grand desire to do much that is different. Just take a second to catch my breath and enjoy the moment. Probably a little of both.

Bigger post tomorrow. I’ll be wittier then.

Best of 120 Minutes: It’s been twelve years since we lost Jeff Buckley. Still one of my favorite artists of all time.



The five random CDs for the week:
1) Loreena McKennitt “To Drive the Cold Winter Away”
2) Sheryl Crow “Tuesday Night Music Club”
3) The Smithereens “11”
4) Coldplay “Live 2003”
5) The Tragically Hip “Trouble at the Henhouse”

No comments: