Monday, October 19, 2009

Ten questions

Just some random questions that have been on my mind recently. If anyone has any answers please post them in the comments:

1) If you swung a lightsaber at Superman what would the end result be? Presuming that he doesn’t fly away of course.

2) Why can Superman fly anyway? I understand the whole super strength aspect due to coming from a planet with different gravity but why would that enable flight? At best he should just be able to jump really, really high.

3) Plus, wouldn’t life be an absolute pain in the ass with super strength? I mean, how would you pick up a newspaper without just demolishing the table? Or lean on a wall without collapsing the building?

4) On a non-super hero note do you think that anyone in the major leagues was that kid in little league who they stuck out in right field who could never hit the ball or were they star athletes their entire lives? I’m really curious about this. I cannot recall a single story about someone who went from a complete nothing to a top athlete.

5) Why do baseball managers wear uniforms? Basketball coaches aren’t in shorts, hockey coaches are in suits even though hockey jerseys are the coolest things ever. Did we ever anticipate Tommy Lasorda to come out and pitch a few innings?

6) On my flight yesterday there was a teenage girl wearing a snuggie. Should I take this as a sign that the planet is doomed and I might as well just empty my 401K now?

7) Should I be depressed by the fact that they are publishing new Winnie the Pooh stories? I don’t have a problem with the new Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy book, which is actually pretty decent, but the fact that they are introducing new characters into the Hundred Acre Wood just seems to be rather crass. Like adding another character to Hamlet to make it a little hipper.

8) Green Lantern weakness is the color Yellow. Is that the dumbest thing you have ever heard? “I’m the most powerful being in the universe. Oh no, a classic Morton Salt umbrella!”

9) What should my Halloween costume be this year? I’m thinking my usual Where’s Waldo costume might be a little too overdone and apparently my Illegal Alien get up has been dubbed offensive.

10) God I hate Wil Wheaton. That is less of a question than a fact but…Wheaton!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) He would probably dodge it and the end result would be you being thrown into a wall, having a taxi cab thrown at you, or simply being picked up and dropped from 50 feet. What would happen to Superman upon being struck by a lightsaber most likely depends on which era of Superman you re talking about.

2) Funny story. Originally Superman could only jump really high and far. According to urban legend, when Fleischer Studios did the Superman animated series in the 1940's they found it annoying to have to draw that over and over again so they asked DC if it would be OK to just make him fly.

3) At least those are conscious movements that he has learned to control and fine tune over the years. I would be more worried about something like a sneeze. That could easily take out an entire city block.

8) Yes. Especially because green = blue + yellow.

9) Dressing up as a zombie is crazy.
Dressing up as a ninja is awesome.
Dressing up as a zombie ninja is crazy awesome.