Monday, October 26, 2009

I may also go off on a cosine

Instead of starting my post with a set topic and then going off on a random tangent I have decided that my post tonight will consist entirely of random tangents. It makes writing that much easier.

Tangent # 1: How can How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory be in reruns already? Didn’t the Fall season start like last week or something? Plus, how can The Big Bang Theory skip out on a Halloween episode. If I know my geeks, and good lord do I have a fine understanding of the mental makeup of the people who hang out at comic book stores, if there is one thing I know for certain is that they will never pass up a socially acceptable situation to be in costume.

Tangent # 2: I finally saw the commercial for the fashion forward Snuggie. For those who haven’t seen it the commercial features a woman who mentions that everyone loves the Snuggie but wouldn’t it be better if it came in more stylish designs? Like zebra or leopard print? Well now your prayers have been answered as now you can wear your Snuggie on an African safari and blend in with the animals. This raises the question though that if you have already reached the point at which you will purchase a Snuggie doesn’t that mean that you have lost all respect for yourself that any sense of fashion is now irrelevant? I mean, would you even wear it out in public to begin with?

Tangent # 3: Saw online that Sublime is reuniting. Personally I think we should create a new word for bands that reform after the death of the lead singer especially when he is the only person from the band that you can ever remember. The same thing happened with Blind Melon and Alice in Chains. Maybe we should now just call it “The best tribute band ever.” Just as accurate.

Tangent # 4: On a sad note they are closing all the McDonald’s in Iceland. Guess Kim and I went to the country just in time. That said, I don’t recall ever seeing a McDonald’s, which is extremely odd given that the entire island is like five miles across so you would expect that they wouldn’t be hard to find. Found the Quiznos and the Domino’s Pizza (which was awesome) but never the McDonald’s. Speaking of Quiznos…

Tangent # 5: I am in a bit of a quandary at work. I tend to try to go out to grab lunch because after spending four hours staring at three computer monitors filled with spreadsheets my brain is screaming to look at something, anything, that might be interesting. So one of the places I hit is the Quiznos, which on the whole makes a good sandwich. Except that the one by my office seems to turnover the entire staff every two weeks and thus no one knows how to do anything. I’m stunned that in a country with like twenty percent unemployment I can’t even find someone to make me a sandwich correctly. So do I keep trying and hope that one day the service will improve or give my business to the better run, if slightly less tasty, Subway down the street?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Subway gives you more control of what goes into your sandwich. You can choose to make a healthier sandwich. Quizno's makes a tasty sandwich but it is not something you want to put into your body on a regular basis.