Friday, March 13, 2009

Please stand by...

We here at Battling the Current would like to apologize for the lack of a post last night. I know many people were looking forward to the 15 influential television shows and whether or not Manimal (he's part man, part animal) would make the list. Sadly, on Wednesday night a vital member of the Battling the Current team was incapacitated. Specifically, Natalie the Laptop had either the screen completey fail or the graphics card explode. All I know is that the failure was massive and spectactular.

As a result I was unable to use my primary laptop last night. I am preparing to go back to Julie the Laptop in much the same way as one returns to an old girlfriend. Mainly a lot of groveling and pleading and explaining that yes, I was tempted by a newer and sleeker model but I have now seen the errors of my ways. It will take some effort and probably a great deal of gifts to get her back online again.

(This would be easier if the computers at my apartment complex would allow me to login to blogger. For some reason that site is blocked.)

So until I address all of these technical difficulties expect updates to become slightly sporadic. I promise that I will finish the influential fifteen. I just have to try to figure out what is wrong with Natalie or see if I need to get a new laptop. Which means we'll have to go through the whole naming process again.

No comments: